skipping breakfast and eating every 3 hours

Options
I get up at 5 in the morning at work by 6 and having trouble eating breakfast. Im never hungry in the am even though I eat dinner by 730. You think i would be hungry by then but im not until about 11. Im forcing myself to eat breakfast. And trying to eat every 3 to 4 hrs but struggling to do this. Im feeling full even still after 3 hours. And have been eating under 300 to 400 cals under 1200 because i just cant eat anymore. Is this normal? Will it get better?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast or eat every 3 hours to lose weight. Eat at your normal times.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    If you don't like breakfast then don't eat breakfast. And look into calorie dense foods to hit your calorie goal without eating larger amounts of food that you don't want to eat. A couple spoons of peanut butter has 200cals right there.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Don't force yourself. Eat when you're hungry, within your calorie goals.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eat when you want to eat. Unless you have a complicating medical condition or are an elite athlete, meal timing is not really important. Skip breakfast, eat breakfast, eat 3 meals a day, eat 6 meals a day. Whatever you want is fine.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    XTQYRZL.gif
  • thveal
    thveal Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If I eat when im hungry i will be even more under 1200 cals. So i should just choose higher calorie foods? Sorry im very new to all this
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Don't force yourself. Eat when you're hungry, within your calorie goals.

Yep...no reason to overcomplicate this.
  • saucesofit
    saucesofit Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yup, don't force the times you eat. At the end of the day it's calories in vs calories out. Meal timing (including having breakfast first thing) is a lot less important than people think. As far as how much you're eating, without knowing much about your stats I will say that under 1000 calories (1200 - 300 or 400 calories) is definitely not a good thing. You body will run more optimally on higher calories. I would say you should try to eat more calorically dense foods to try to get closer to 1200.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    thveal wrote: »
    If I eat when im hungry i will be even more under 1200 cals. So i should just choose higher calorie foods? Sorry im very new to all this

Yes. You still need to fuel your body. Nuts, nut butters, full fat items, butter and oils in cooking will all help you reach your goals. And even if you need a bit more, there's always ice cream!
  • saucesofit
    Options
    I And even if you need a bit more, there's always ice cream!

That's what I do ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

yes...higher calorie foods. you obviously didn't get to the point of needing to lose weight because you can't eat.

many people have a very narrow perception of "healthy" and end up just crashing their diets with a ton of veg and whatnot...veg and fruit is great, but proper nutrition requires far more than that...you need proteins and dietary fat. despite what many people seem to think, high calorie =/= unhealthy...calories have absolutely nothing to do with whether or not something is healthy or not.

to that end, not every morsel that gets put into your mouth has to be all wholesome and whatnot...I have something nice for desert most evenings...it doesn't magically undo all of my healthy eating during the day.
  • thveal
    Options
    Im trying to stay away from most processed foods eating alot of salads and fruits and veggies and they just dont have enough calorie to meet 1200
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    XTQYRZL.gif

:) Our dentist gives my daughter a flouride rinse at the end of a cleaning. She has to wait 30 minutes to eat/drink anything. You'd think it was 30 days the way she claims to be soooo thirsty on the drive home sometimes.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Im trying to stay away from most processed foods eating alot of salads and fruits and veggies and they just dont have enough calorie to meet 1200

So add back in some other stuff (in appropriate portion sizes) besides salads, fruits, & veggies.
  • saucesofit
    Options

There are lots of natural foods that have higher calories such as nuts, nut butters, avocados, potatoes, fruits (yup, just add more!), fatter cuts of meat, grains, oils. You got it!
  • thveal
    Options
    Thank you every one! Was really stressing out anout not meeting that 3 to 4 hrs. I will add more calorie dense foods!