a major NSV for me

Options
I almost got fired from my last job because of stupid politics and I've been unemployed for almost 3 months now. I've been getting unemployment but I looked at my finances today and I realized that the unemployment money just isn't going to cover it too much longer. Now, I've been applying for jobs all over the place since I resigned and have only had 2 interviews . . .

Today I realized that I'm going to have to go back to my old job. It's a horrible place,a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility, working with kids. I have a masters degree in counseling and even though this job is working in the type of atmosphere I want, it isn't the job I want. I'm a glorified baby-sitter. I follow the kids around all day and make sure they don't do inappropriate stuff. I've been stabbed (well, only with a plastic fork), bitten, punched, spit on . . . I've had shoes and trashcans and dressers and chairs thrown at me. I HATE THAT PLACE.

But. When I found out today that they'd love to have me back -- go me -- I cried. But I DID NOT binge. When I am depressed, I eat. But not today. I let myself cry and I stayed away from the kitchen because I knew if I was in there all I would do was eat eat eat eat eateateateat. But I didn't.

And that's a sad NSV, but a big one.

Replies

• Zelsawaf
    Zelsawaf Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hey, just hang in there. We all go through rough times (especially in this economy), but keep on pushing and you'll get where you want to get. And congrats too, both on finding some type of employment and a very important NSV! Now use that to build on for both your health and workplace
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I've been there too. Just hold on, and remind youreslf that this job does not define you. Right now, it is just how you earn money to be able to enjoy the rest of your life. Soon something better will come along!
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Great job avoiding the kitchen! Hopefully someday soon you will find your dream job and feel fulfilled.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!