Curious

Options
ang16
ang16 Posts: 91
Has it ever occurred to anyone that when a person, and i'm talking from a female point of view,... that some men come on here, put up a picture which most likely isn't them , in order for them to prey on a person's insecurity(ie the desire to lose weight and have their self esteem bumped up) and to possibly arrange to meet them in real life?

It was just something that I thought could happen due to today's internet access ect ect.

Just throwing that out there. Also, i feel men and women are obviously just as capable of this and it isnt just a man thing.

Replies

• tproctor
    tproctor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You should change your user name to Paranoid16!!! ;)
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    The thought has occured to me a number of times. I would just hope both the guys and girls out there respect each other equally. (In an ideal World!!!)
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    Stuff like that has been happening for quite a while now.
  • ang16
    Options
    Not paranoid in the slightest dear. You only have to read articles in newspapers ect to see that it happens.
  • ang16
    Options
    Guess it intrigues me in a way as i am interested in psychology and motivation within people :) Studied these two topics in the past and like to know what makes people tick :)
  • veggievixen
    veggievixen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Possible with any internet interaction. If you're here to lose weight, and don't stray from that goal then it shouldn't be an issue. In every aspect of our lives caution and good interpersonal boundaries are a necessity. There are plenty of internet dating sites where those needs should be met, not here.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Vixen, I second that. I like the way you think! :)
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    I'm sure there are people on ANY and EVERY networking site who misrepresent themselves. Comes with the territory. But, I'm sure women do it just as much as men...
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Wait...you people are real?
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Huh, what? To be honest, regardless of what pictures people post on here, none of them make me feel insecure. So, go ahead and post a photoshopped picture of yourself in Kim Kardasian's body lol!
  • crazymama2two
    Options

im not!
  • Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options

Ha!
  • crazymama2two
    Options

im not!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options

im not!

No one could fake you. :laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    So am I to assume that the op is not really a plate of vegetables? unsure.gif

:tongue:
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    So am I to assume that the op is not really a plate of vegetables? unsure.gif
    :tongue:
    Perhaps we need to resurrect the "You are what you eat" thread.
  • ang16
    Options
    Ha hahahah!

I am really just a plate full of veg.

Vixen, I agree, i just wanted to know what people thought about it.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't think half the people on here have photos of them up. I don't believe for a second that if you really looked like some of the girls on here you would bother with a weight loss site. I think it less with the men, though. I haven't tbh seen many flattering pictures of men on here, so I strongly suspect they are real, because....well....they don't look like professional pictures, put it that way.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Just so you know, I am a lil vain, and if i was going to pretend to be somebody, it wouldn't be a guy who weighed 370 lbs trying to lose weight. Sure, I am sure it happens all over networking and dating sites, The guy who claims to be 6'4" and ripped turns out to be 5'4" and a "little more to love" or the 5'10" Blonde supermodel turns out to be the 4'10" brunette wall flower, but, and *Disclaimer* these are examples, no harm meant, don't get mad at me, I am not entirely sure that that is common place here.
    For those that are curious, I am 100% real, just a little less of me then 4 months ago.