Frustration!!!

Options
I have been here for two months now. I have lost 8 pounds, but my frustration comes from the fact that I lost 5 of those pounds in the first two weeks. I have lost nothing yet again for the second week in a row. I am consistently under calories, and I'm exercising. Yet still, no weight is coming off. This is beginning to get me down, thinking it will not work.

Help?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough. Your body is holding on to the calories becaues of it.
  • Sarah_uk
    Sarah_uk Posts: 209
    Options
    How many calories are you eating and how much do you need to lose? And how much are you exercising?
  • stepherjensen
    stepherjensen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I know your frustration. I've stopped for the last few weeks too. I was told by my nutritionist that if I were to up my calories by 20% for a few days, then drop back down to my regular calories, it would likely jump start my metabolism and get back into losing mode. It's worked great for me!!!

Good luck!
  • ymcahutch
    ymcahutch Posts: 8
    Options
    It's very normal to see a loss in the begining and then slow down. Don't loose hope just keep up the good work.
  • beckyhw10
    beckyhw10 Posts: 1
    Options
    yes from everything I have read if we do not get our calorie intake in we will not lose...and this week I am one to talk :( I know it can be hard at times and we think "if we don't eat we will lose" but thats not the case. So the more you eat the more you will lose beleive it or not. I do the 5 little meals a day. Hope this helps!:smile:
  • KathleenPub
    KathleenPub Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you"ve plateaud. I am getting at that point as well. Its pretty much the most frustrating point and where I usually end up caving lol. Have you tried switching up your excercises? Try doing different ones, like running instead of walking or biking or anything really. Basically anything thats a little harder and will kind of shock your body a bit to get it going. It sucks. If your body gets used to the same routine and the same calorie intake it will adjust to that and you will stop losing weight. Good Luck!
  • kathykuecker
    kathykuecker Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i am very frustrated too can't seem to be able to do anything. my energy level is terrible . i see my doctor end of month. i keep plugging away as long as i stay out of the kitchen i do ok and keep moving that is the key right now.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    Just know that you are not alone, alot of people go thru this (including myself) and it is very frustrating. I was talking to an instructor at the gym and she suggested to try something different than you normally do. I read an earlier post that suggested the same. I think it's good advice. I was always working on my strength training with weights and the other day I took a class instead. I can already feel a difference in my body.
    Good luck, hope that helps:)
  • snailbeach
    snailbeach Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    There is another point to consider!!! depending on how much exercise you are doing you may be improving your muscle & muscle weighs heavier than fat, so even if you think your not loosing what in fact you are doing is toning up. Have you measured your body? just a thought. Good luck.
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I swear by grapefruit juice with meals and green tea. Gets the old metabolism going.
    I'm in need of motivational friends so please feel free to add me!!!
  • sessaleigh
    sessaleigh Posts: 45
    Options
    Oh that's super normal. No worries. The body can only lose 2lbs of fat per week and you probably lost some water weight or muscle at first. You'll stablize after a while and see more consistent loss, probably a pound a week on average.