Serious this time around. Will try and lose 50 LBS by Jan. 2017!

Options
Hi all. I have lost some weight before on myfitnesspal.com and thought I would use the forums to try and get more friends. I really need the support and to cheer and hear what is going on with others. I live a happy life its just my weight has been an issue for awhile. I am now at my lowest weight in years! Just need to keep the momentum up and flowing! I only have two friends currently on this website and they are not very active.

If your interested in losing weight and having a encouraging and thoughful buddy add me! I am here to be on the journey of a few years!

Replies

• Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I think a commitment to lose weight is a great idea, but I think 50 lbs in a couple of months might be too high a goal.
    Why not start a commitment to lose 2 lbs a week?
  • petete101
    petete101 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great goal, totally doable ;)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I think a commitment to lose weight is a great idea, but I think 50 lbs in a couple of months might be too high a goal.

OP said 2017
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm on everyday...and I'll be here forever. You can add me. I've lost 63 pounds since April. I also hope to be at goal by January 2017. I'm trying to get down to 120 pounds. So that's 71 pounds to go. I might make it by that time. If not I should be close. :)
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »

OP said 2017

Yeah, I was going to just come in and post "grats on creating a realistic goal"

So many people seem to have goals that require 3-6 pounds a week to achieve. Unrealistic or unhealthy goals.

Good to see someone being realistic.

• allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Yoda says there is no try there is only do
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, that sounds very solid. I'm on a slower loss schedule too & then if things go well & you lose a little faster that's just a bonus! Also gives the skin time to catch up I tell myself...