So Sick of it. Game is over !!!

Options
Well if the title looks grim its not. Its actually where I find myself today. I have played the big guy game long enough and I just want normal. I want to walk into the clothing section and grab any thing I want rather than look for the big and tall section. I wanna chase my kids around the yard and not get winded after 5 mins. I wanna feel like I did when I graduated high school at 190lbs and fit. This past year has seen me reach my largest size yet and at 350 lbs and high blood pressure at 34 yrs old. Enough is enough.

I am actually very excited. I have tried the new years resolution to lose weight a dozen times but this is the very first time I know its going to stick. The reason is I have always and I mean it, always been completely happy being big. Never had an issue. Never been offended by fat jokes. But now having a family with 3 kids I absolutely want things to change for me and them. I wanna be the daddy they need and my wife needs. I have always given my best to be the strong husband and father. Now I have to add the healthy one as well. THEY DESERVE IT!!!!

This site looks fantastic. I already have a couple friends here so that helps. One is my new Gym buddy so extra motivation from him will certainly help. So heres to a new year and a new me. Can't wait to see myself a year from now. THINGS ARE GOING TO CHANGE!!!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• crusher372
    Options
    Well if the title looks grim its not. Its actually where I find myself today. I have played the big guy game long enough and I just want normal. I want to walk into the clothing section and grab any thing I want rather than look for the big and tall section. I wanna chase my kids around the yard and not get winded after 5 mins. I wanna feel like I did when I graduated high school at 190lbs and fit. This past year has seen me reach my largest size yet and at 350 lbs and high blood pressure at 34 yrs old. Enough is enough.

I am actually very excited. I have tried the new years resolution to lose weight a dozen times but this is the very first time I know its going to stick. The reason is I have always and I mean it, always been completely happy being big. Never had an issue. Never been offended by fat jokes. But now having a family with 3 kids I absolutely want things to change for me and them. I wanna be the daddy they need and my wife needs. I have always given my best to be the strong husband and father. Now I have to add the healthy one as well. THEY DESERVE IT!!!!

This site looks fantastic. I already have a couple friends here so that helps. One is my new Gym buddy so extra motivation from him will certainly help. So heres to a new year and a new me. Can't wait to see myself a year from now. THINGS ARE GOING TO CHANGE!!!

:bigsmile:
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    now having a family with 3 kids I absolutely want things to change for me and them. I wanna be the daddy they need and my wife needs. I have always given my best to be the strong husband and father. Now I have to add the healthy one as well. THEY DESERVE IT!!!!

You're right! They do deserve it. But you know who else deserves it? YOU! Welcome to MFP, you will love it here :flowerforyou:
  • Sheri4MS
    Sheri4MS Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good for you for finding the site. Believe in YOURSELF and you will get there, one day at a time. I wish you the best of luck!!!
  • Sheri4MS
    Sheri4MS Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good for you for finding the site. Believe in YOURSELF and you will get there, one day at a time. I wish you the best of luck!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude, that'll take you far! :drinker:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • HeatherD
    HeatherD Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    We are all in this together, brother....Let's make it happen!
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    i am new and already love it!
    we can do this, GOOD LUCK :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude, that'll take you far! :drinker:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

I totally agree with Shannon, you DO have a great attitude, and that's what WILL help you reach your goal! :smile:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • vduck
    vduck Posts: 1
    Options
    I am new here also and I hope '09 is our year! :flowerforyou:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    awesome! i am a newbie too but i just love this site already. logging meals in before you eat them helps a lot - and drinkdrinkdrink a ton of water! good luck mr.!
  • byeuboy
    byeuboy Posts: 25
    Options
    Yes, this site is great! If you follow a calorie counting diet and get regular excercise you WILL loose weight. Good luck to you and take it a day at a time a pound at a time.
  • ldsupergirl
    Options
    good luck you can get to a healthy weight. I know my husband found lots of good info and tips in issues of Fitness Rx mag and maximum fitness mag. Get motivated and just do it!
  • crusher372
    Options
    Wow. What an active forum. Thanks so much for the kind words. This site is looking very supportive.
  • cwalbrj
    cwalbrj Posts: 61
    Options
    I've made the New Year's Resolution for the past 4 or 5 years myself. This time I'm sticking to it.. We can do it together... good luck !
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    welcome!!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • AugustBaby1973
    Options
    I feel you, maaaan!!!! I just got back on track with MFP, and this is after gaining back 20 pounds of weight--18 of which I had lost before I left the site--:sad: ---and now it's time to get back on track! I, too, am tired of trying to play with my kids and not being able to run with my son or go skating with my daughter! My doc just put me on blood pressure meds :mad: and I'm only 35! So, you're not alone!:heart:

Good luck to you, and look forward to hearing your success stories!!!:happy:

:heart: Button in San Antonio, TX
  • melissa91971
    Options
    I know this reply is late but I just wanna say welcome and good luck!

friends
    ~Mel
  • BeauPuppy
    Options
    Hey, Dude!! and Delton says "hey, brotherman!" OK so you know we will hold you accountable, right? Best blessings in the universe to you!! :glasses: :tongue: :laugh:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I said the very same thing the other day. Only I was playing games with myself and fooling myself. We can do this hang in there and let us know when you need anything!
    Amy :bigsmile: