Smoothies

Options
I just bought a nutribullet to help me get more veggies and fruits in. I was wondering if anyone has them daily for breakfast and logs them so I may see your food diary for ideas. Thanks

Replies

• Gizmo20783
    Gizmo20783 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't have them every morning but I have made a point to fit at least three in a week. I alternate what I use usually based on what's on sale. When I first started I was using strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and bananas when I can fit then in. However now that they are not in season they are unusually expensive so now I've been using canned pineapple, kiwi and apples.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I do not use it often, but this is my general basic plan:
    8 ounces soy milk, one apple or other fruit, a scoop of protein powder, and as much romaine lettuce (or other greens) as I can fit in the container, some water to add more liquid, and some cinnamon powder.
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I go to a bulk food store and buy huge bags of frozen fruit for cheap, and I use those to make my smoothies. Usually I just throw a cup or two of fruit into the blender with some water. I really like the tropical blend on its own, (peaches, mango, strawberries, pineapple) or I'll buy frozen strawberries and blend with a banana. If I have spinach or kale I'll throw a big handful in there as well. I don't have a "recipe" I usually go to though. I just throw whatever fruit I have on hand in a blender with water and I'm all set.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I have one every morning... mine consists of 1/2 cup milk, 1cup frozen fruit, one banana, splash of oj mix until smooth and enjoy. I change up the frozen fruits and sometimes add some other juice but that is about it. LOVE IT!
  • The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My smoothie is typically almond milk, frozen mixed berries, handful of spinach and vanilla Greek yogurt. Sometimes I'll make one with almond milk, cocoa, peanut butter and banana.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I don't open my diary to people, but I do drink them often. I recommend weighing ingredients because it's really easy to make smoothies high calorie.

I keep big bags of frozen fruit and bananas on hand. I also try to keep greens around to add a variety of nutrients.
  • The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I should also add that I buy a big carton of spinach (usually when it's on clearance, about to wilt) and stick it in the freezer. Then I just grab a handful from that every time.
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this will paste correctly. I love this smoothie. It has a lot of items but with careful planning at begeinning of week and organizing it in one place so you can grab it all, it actually doesn't taste to long. the banana is frozen. I also add pineapple usually, a few fresh chunck, I was just out today. It has incredible antiinflamatory ingredients, and will boost your immune system.
    elery, raw, 0.1 cup chopped 2 0 0 0 8 0
    Avocado, 0.1 Medium Avocado (150g) 17 2 3 1 1 0
    Nuts, almonds, 8 almond 56 2 5 1 0 2
    Fresh Vegetable - Ginger Root, Raw, 0.25 tsp 1 0 0 0 0 0
    Garlic, raw, 0.25 cloves 1 0 0 0 0 0
    Trader Joe's - Coconut Water, 8 oz 50 14 0 0 25 0
    Fruit - Bannana, 0.13 Regular (140 grams) 25 8 0 1 0 0
    Carrots, raw, 0.25 small (5-1/2" long) 5 1 0 0 9 0
    Raw - Arrugula, 0.5 cups 3 0 0 0 3 0
    Kale, raw, 0.5 cup 1" pieces, loosely packed 4 1 0 0 3 0
    Generic - Red Wine Vinegar, 1 tbsp (15 g) 2 1 0 0 1 0
    Spices - Tumeric, 1 tsp 7 1 0 0 1 0
    Tomato - Vine Ripe, 1/4 cup Sliced 8 2 0 1 0 1
    Chia Seed, 0.5 tbsp 30 3 2 3 0 2
    Add Food Quick Tools 211 35 9 8 52 6
  • kvansteen
    kvansteen Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Half a frozen banana with about 1/2 cup of other fruit - strawberry, mango, blueberry (all frozen)
    2 tbsp hemp protein - trader joe's vanilla brand is good and cheap
    Soy milk until filled.
    If it's too think, I take some out, add more soymilk, then mix it all together in the cup at the end.

Also on the back of the dark chocolate almond milk there is a smoothie recipe that is amazing, and I just add my hemp protein to that.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have one everyday for lunch, I look forward to it. My diary is open.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My basic is 1 celery stalk, 50 g frozen spinach or fresh beet greens, 1/4 cup lowfat kefir (instead of yogurt), 100 g frozen blueberries, mango, or mixed berries, a little stevia and 1/2 cup or so of water.