I confess I cheated

Options
sblair77
sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
I knew this would happen and I feel the only way I will learn is by tattling on myself.

I refuse to miss the beer festival this weekend because that sounds boring and I do LOVE beer. So I planned on this week and next week working extra hard during my workouts and dieting to help prepare for a day of beer.

Well today someone asked me to go to my favorite Greek Restaurant for lunch and I said yes thinking I would get chicken kabobs and a salad. Once I entered the place and smelled all the great foods something came over me and I didn't report to the waitress that I wanted to sub my oven roasted potatoes for a salad and that i wanted to leave off the tzatzki sauce.

Not only did I order things off my diet; I ate the entire plate that included 3 huge slices of potato and some pita bread!

Confession over

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    That's not too bad! Log it and move on!
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    don't let it get you down! We all have lapses! if we kept ourselves from all of our favorite tempting food we wouldn't be able to sucessfully keep off the weight!! Think of today as a learning day.

keep your plans to go to the beerfest (how could you stay away! i know i couldn't!) just make sure you exercise enough to balance out the extra calories.

make sure you log everything! i find that the bad days are the days that help me learn about my eating as i look back through my logs.

good luck!! and feel free to add me as a fellow beer lover!!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Log it as best you can and tomorrow is a new day!! :)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

Just log it :wink:
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    good job keeping yourself accountable. shows progress that you are willing to tattle on yourself!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Agreed - I'm so very proud of you for your honesty... Not to me... To yourself - that is how you'll succeed - You inspire others with that type of honesty as well - you slipped? oh well... You also probably just gave someone else the courage to be honest with themselves as well... Fantastic sBlair - simply fantastic..

And mmm beer - you'll have to let me know what your favorite was lol - I miss my beer brewing days lol
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Now go about your day and be glad you didn't completely blow it on half a greasy pizza haha!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Meh - that's barely a cheat! Just try to be good for the rest of the week and enjoy the beer festival this weekend! :bigsmile:
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a really delicious lunch! I hope you enjoyed it, I would have :) Now, log it, see how "bad" it really was. Count it as a cheat meal ( or maybe a cheat day, depending) and continue on your way to a healthy new you. Enjoy the beer!
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    It's not "cheating"..... it's "treating" :)
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options

Just log it :wink:

Agree!

You are going to be faced with situations like this a lot. You can't always be perfect all the time. Reward yourself with a cheat once in awhile, and then move on. The more you fret over stuff like this, the more difficult the whole process will be.

Just find the right balance between healthy and cheating, and make sure you aren't cheating every day.

Good luck!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Live and learn. However, the word 'cheat' makes it sound like you're playing a game you're unwilling to play, and are subverting it. However, you're only 'cheating' yourself. All your food choices are your own decisions. You make them for a reason, even if they're not good reasons - but using the 'cheat' terminology suggests you're trying to sabotage your own diet.

It's fine to have these kinds of meals as long as you make up for them. You don't have to make up for them on the same day - just eat less over the next few days (obviously better to eat less before the big meal). That way, you enjoyed yourself and nobody loses out.
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    We all fall off a bit here or there...but don't beat yourself up over it and don't you dare miss that Beer Festival!!! (I love beer too) :drinker:
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Meh - that's barely a cheat! Just try to be good for the rest of the week and enjoy the beer festival this weekend! :bigsmile:
    LOL! I'm with her. I've had WAY worse lapses. You ate it, it's over, move on. If we think we aren't going to go off plan once in a while, we're totally setting ourselves up for disappointment. I usually eat pretty healthy on the weekends so I can drink most of my cals, if you know what I mean. ;-)
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Admission is the first step...lol j/k j/k... One cheat meal isn't going to kill you. If you did that every day then you should be concerned. :)
  • nickinorthern
    Options
    If you don't enjoy the occasional treat, then you will lose interest. Don't stress about it. Just log it, move forward and remember... you should LIVE life.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even be trying to "make up for" a beer festival. We have one here every year and I've gone for the past 13 years, without fail. I KNOW I'm going to eat way to much, drink way too much and gain a pound or two. So what? If I know it's going to happen, I'm not going to be surprised or upset about it and I'm certainly not going to forgo one day a year that I really, really enjoy. I get right back into my normal eating habits and by the end of the week, I've lost that extra pound or so. What harm is done other than that I didn't lose a half pound this week? None!!

Enjoy yourself at the beer festival and don't beat yourself up over today. Remember, we're in this for the long haul and there are days we just have to splurge every once in awhile. It's what keeps us happy and sane.
  • Bootzey
    Bootzey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It's alright to cheat just a little every now and then. On a diet, not in a relationship!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl advise

Important rules. Here they are...
    1. Don't drink your calories. There's nothing sadder than realizing you just consumed hundreds of calories by sipping a sweet drink... and you're still hungry! For the most part, I look for drinks with no more than 50 calories per cup, and I always check the labels carefully for the total servings per bottle.
    2. The 80/20 rule. I live by it. It means that 80 percent of the time, I eat what I know I should be eating. And 20 percent of the time, I allow myself to stray a bit. It's important to indulge every once in a while... like, maybe, 20 percent of the time!
    3. Don't turn a bad meal into a bad week. So you made a poor food choice. You're human. Don't give up and throw in the towel just because you overate. Jump right back into things at your next meal. No biggie. Truly.
    4. Identify and avoid your trigger foods. These are the foods you can't be trusted around -- the ones where "just a few" turns into WAY too much; the foods that seem to make you hungrier and hungrier. Don't keep these foods in the house. They're too tempting and not worth the trouble...
    5. Don't make excuses -- it's all about being prepared. The Boy Scouts know what they're talking about! If you know you're going out to dinner, check out the menu online so you can plan ahead and make smart choices. And always keep emergency snacks handy -- in your purse, car, desk drawer... wherever you might need them. Then you won't need to make excuses.
  • evenidomhnaill
    Options
    Its what you do after that counts. There will be loads of days of your life that you will break out and eat loads of calories but if that odd day turns in to weeks and months then you have a problem. Life is to enjoy dont be hard on yourself just put it in you diary maybe save a few calories from today to counter act and leave the guilt behind