Introducing myself

Options
hi all, thanks for reading my post. I am a lifetime weight watcher member who is not at goal. I was not having success so I decided to try something different. I came across this app and absolutely love it! I have always agreed that accurate journaling was a key tool in weight loss and maintenance. Since I had already learned healthy eating habits thru WW I was convinced that the key to losing weight was a matter of science and math and not points. So, this tool allows me to apply what I have learned by focusing on calorie journaling. And, much to my surprise the food items bank in MFP is far more extensive that WW journaling tool. I have been able to find all of my foods with ease compared to the WW journal where I was constantly using their calculator to add foods. Loving this app!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    It is so different when you see it right in front of you.
  • floatylight
    Options
    Glad you're liking it :)

A tip - If there are any foods you can't find on the databse, you can add them yourself and they'll be in the database for good and for everyone else too :)
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've also found it to be most useful. I'm not technologically inclined and had been keeping a handwritten food journal. Talk about tedious! This is a vast improvement for me, and may even get me up to date with the rest of my family (they want me to trade in my track phone for a smart phone...EEEEK!) This is the longest I've ever held the line on my food plan, and I think it is the ease and efficiency of logging that has done it, as well as the sense of community and accountability.

Enjoy!!!
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Welcome to MFP
    The app is awesome and so addictive!
    Try to use the app daily to keep youself on track and to get support from others!
    Have sent a req so that we can support each other :smile:
    Good luck

Jules