Tips, help, boost my metabolism..no weight loss this month

Hi! So I've been on this journey for 4 months now. . I don't do anything crazy. Keep my calories under 1400.. no pasta..no sugar..just eat veggies, lean protein and some fruit. So I go through these "things" I lose weight then it stops.. say a week or two then boom..major loss everyday first a week. Then nothing...I walk 5-8 miles 5 days a week. Nothing has changed and here I am no weight loss in October. Any advice? I definitely need to increase my water...what else can I do. Thanks! !

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Can you open your diary?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    With 9 pounds to go, assuming that your ticker is pointing to your final goal, loss will be slower, and should be. There may be other issues which I will leave to others to deal with, but don't lose heart, just keep going. Also, if you don't right now, do start to take pictures and measurements every 4 weeks or so.
  • robandnicolevolpe
    robandnicolevolpe Posts: 11 Member
    I just did.
    I don't log my exercise in there but I walk 5-8 miles daily and do the bow flex for toning
  • robandnicolevolpe
    Thank you rileysowner I didn't start this until 2 months in. I was originally 232. So I've done ok..but I want better
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    If you don't workout in the morning, can you try a quick 15 min power walk in the morning in addition to your main workout session? That has helped me lose when I get stuck.

I personally lose weight faster if carbs/sugar are kept to a minimum. If you're insulin resistant or have some intolerance, that could help.

Also try mixing up your workouts. See if you can walk some days, then go to say a step class on others, and lift weights on others. Whatever exercises you pick, try to get some variance.

I have many other ideas, but maybe start with a few, then if no luck, try some other things. Too much at one time can be overwhelming.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    A couple of things on logging. You have a chicken breast or half of one. That's not going to be accurate, weigh them. Also, things in cups. Only liquids should be in cups, weigh everything else. Three weeks is just a bump in the road. Be patient, keep doing what you're doing and it will come. Great job on your loss so far!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    A couple of things on logging. You have a chicken breast or half of one. That's not going to be accurate, weigh them. Also, things in cups. Only liquids should be in cups, weigh everything else. Three weeks is just a bump in the road. Be patient, keep doing what you're doing and it will come. Great job on your loss so far!

This. And be patient! Weight loss will not always be linear, but making sure your logging is accurate will help.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    With 9 pounds to go, assuming that your ticker is pointing to your final goal, loss will be slower, and should be. There may be other issues which I will leave to others to deal with, but don't lose heart, just keep going. Also, if you don't right now, do start to take pictures and measurements every 4 weeks or so.
    arditarose wrote: »

This. And be patient! Weight loss will not always be linear, but making sure your logging is accurate will help.
    Orphia wrote: »
    MFP%20Flowchart%20lemonlionheart_zps3s3xqead.jpg

These four ladies have hit the nail on the head.

The key to weight loss is eating less calories than you burn, anything else outside of that is preference only. Weigh all your food and log every single thing you eat, stay in our calorie goals, and you will lose weight.

Also, weight loss is not linear and fluctuations are normal.

Finally, the closer to normal weight you are and the less you have to lose, the slower your weight will come off.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    It's ok to eat pasta as long as you have room in your calories for the day. It is up to you though if that's a food you want to eat or not.

Weigh your food with a food scale, especially things like peanut butter, butter, etc.

And weight loss isn't linear, but that's okay! As long as you know you're in a deficit and the trend is downward, stay calm and carry on B)Of Wooshes and Squishy Fat
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    emhunter wrote: »
    If you don't workout in the morning, can you try a quick 15 min power walk in the morning in addition to your main workout session? That has helped me lose when I get stuck.

I personally lose weight faster if carbs/sugar are kept to a minimum. If you're insulin resistant or have some intolerance, that could help.

Also try mixing up your workouts. See if you can walk some days, then go to say a step class on others, and lift weights on others. Whatever exercises you pick, try to get some variance.

I have many other ideas, but maybe start with a few, then if no luck, try some other things. Too much at one time can be overwhelming.

This seems like you're flailing around with minutiae if I'm honest

There are millions of social media and magazine articles that are just designed to obfuscate the entire process of losing weight

When actually for the vast majority, only removing those who have specific medical conditions, it boils down to calories in versus calories out over time

Nothing more

Nothing less

Eat less than you burn ..if your mindset makes you unhappy without a millionty rules then fine employ your rules, but realise them for the faddy insignificance they are

Do you need to change up exercise to shock your body..no

Do you need to limit carbs ...no

Do you need to buy into anything Gwyneth Paltrow says...hell to the no

And on and on and on

You need to stick to an accurate defecit and give it time
  • robandnicolevolpe
    Huh?
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Huh?

Could you be more specific on what has you confused?