Blood Pressure

Have lost a lot of weight using this app but my BP has risen a little since I slacked off and now I'm going to get control of that again

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Good show. Are you tracking your salt intake?
  • highway721
    highway721 Posts: 9 Member
    I haven't been but I am now
  • highway721
    I went from 298 to 244 using this app
  • marindahernandez
    marindahernandez Posts: 2 Member
    I am excited to get started. Today was
    my first day. Definitely and eye opener when you log everything put in your mouth

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,905 Member
    Are you currently on medication too?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jasamjak67
    jasamjak67 Posts: 1,421 Member
    I use Lisinopril 20mg - but I'm going to lose 50 pounds in the next year and hopefully get off them meds!
  • hellosay
    hellosay Posts: 76 Member
    I am on bp medication too. Totally sucks as my BMI is only 26 (slightly overweight) and I am 34 years of age. I lost 10 pounds but the weight loss has stalled now.
    I still workout but I don't see myself getting off the medication. :(
    Please add me, I need friends in the same boat.
  • highway721
    I'm not currently on BP meds but I'm changing my habits and monitoring my BP
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    High blood pressure and the associated medication is the entire reason I started using MFP. Decided I didn't want to live the rest of my life waiting in a pharmacy line picking up another prescription. Have lost 60+ pounds so far, still eat like crap (just a lot less than I used to), and have BP readings many 20 year olds would be envious of. You can get off the medications (for those that are on it) and stay off them, believe that!
  • Nicole_M4
    Nicole_M4 Posts: 507 Member
    High BP here too. Currently on meds for it. Hope to be off eventually. Good luck to you :)