-45lbs and officially have a 'healthy' BMI

Options
KrisiAnnH
KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
edited October 2015 in Success Stories
The point of this post is really to show people that it is possible! When I started my weight loss journey (before joining MFP) it seemed like an impossible task, but seeing the success stories on this site made me realise that losing weight is not as complicated as everyone makes it out to be.

So I joined MFP on May 28th 2015. I've been overweight pretty much my entire adult life. At 17 I lost 2 stone and dropped down to somewhere between 10-11stone (a 'healthy' BMI) by cutting out 'bad' foods and running every evening. This was before I discovered MFP and knew what calorie counting was. Probably to no one here's surprise, I gained it all back plus more once I'd hit my 'goal weight', because the habits I'd developed weren't sustainable.

So in May this year I was 14 stone 5 and at 5"7 that gave me a BMI of 32. I decided I really needed to do something because at 21, I was having to hold my breath to bend over to tie my shoes.

5 months on, and I've lost 45lbs. At 159.6 lbs I now have a BMI of 25. I did this all through meeting my calorie goal; no 'gimmicks' or fad diets, no low carb/keto etc, just eating what I wanted within my goals.

TLDR; SW 204, CW 160. BMI 32/ BMI 25, Neck -1.5 inches, Waist -7 inches, Hips -6 inches.

ttauo7q954rr.jpg
tows6bs06md1.jpg
ciicx5z2ez0d.jpg1utlrbokytha.jpg

Now on to losing the next 25lbs and getting to the middle of the healthy BMI range :)

Replies

• monarque23
    monarque23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look very beautiful in your dress :-)
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Way to GOOOOOOOO!!!! So happy for and proud of Y O U !!!!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Looking good girl!
  • Dustinado
    Dustinado Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great work! You go girl!! Your pictures are really good I liked the way you posted three different views. Very motivating.
  • i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR
    i_SWEAT_n_SWEAR Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! I think you look amazing....and must feel wonderful too!
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awesome
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    You've done such an amazing job! Thank you for sharing your story, it's very encouraging.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great work!
  • sreejithbabu
    sreejithbabu Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi KrisiAnnH.

Congratulations for your achievement! I am amazed by it.

Did you do any weight training to reduce your stomach fat? Or was it just calorie control and running?
  • v_cowley
    v_cowley Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Well done to you, amazing job!
  • suzancp
    suzancp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    well done two thumbs up
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    congrats! you look great.did u do any exercises?if so was it cardio mainly or strength?
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    @sreejithbabu @aniqa109 I didn't do any weight training or running, my results are mostly due to calorie control. I did workout 5 times a week for 20-60 minutes in the first 2 months or so, but as I started at a relatively active part time job, that dropped down to 1 or 2 times a week. My workouts were all cardio- no running or strength training, as they were done at home using Fitnessblender :) Over the last 3 months I've only worked out very occasionally, but in that time I still managed to lose 20lbs :)
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!! :)
  • aniqa109
    aniqa109 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    thanks for replying krisiAnnH.thats very helpful
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What a huge step- great way to get healthy! Keep it up!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. Where is that calculator you used?
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! Good for you !!!!!
  • Watch_Me_Rise
    Watch_Me_Rise Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    What website did you use for the last part of your post?
  • MtnGirl38
    MtnGirl38 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!! What an accomplishment! Thanks for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!