heart rate monitors

Options
trud72
trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
hi ya,i here everyone on about hrm's,if i was to buy one does it work out the cals you have burnt or have i gotta be a super brain to do it all?
silly question i know....

Replies

• epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Yes, it tells you right on the display how many calories you've burnt. make sure to get one with a chest strap.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    The newer ones do the calorie calculations for you. Mine is pretty old and does not, so I just plug in the numbers in http://www.braydenwm.com/calburn.htm and it does the brainy stuff for me! :)
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Definitely check the description before you purchase. Some of the cheaper monitors are just HRM's, but most of them do cal tracking too.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    No brainiac work, it will do it for you. I have the Polar F4 and am in love with it!
  • lesley12345
    lesley12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yes, it displays the calories burnt for you. As the previous post recommended, definately get one with a chest strap, the chest strap reads your heart rate thus gives you a more accurate reading of caloires burned. Also, if you get a watch make sure to enter in your information (i.e. height, weight and age) as this will help with accuracy. Definately one of the best investments I purchased. I got the Women's Sportsline watch. Hope this helped!
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    love love love my Polar FT4, around $90 at Target, all the bells and whistles, love it, and it has the chest strap, best purchase yet!
  • akofender
    akofender Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    After getting some feedback on this site from other members, I just bought the Polar FT4. It works great. I've had some friends also like the sunto models too.
  • misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    There are several different ones. Most of them do count the calories and they are more correct then this system. Just make sure when you are looking at them you make sure it does do the calories. I just bought a new one and it is really nice, it is the Timex training one. It does a lot more then calories. Like epj78 said get one with a chest strap as they are more accurate.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    the ones with the chest straps are the most accurate....love polar.....hate having to send the strap or watch back to the company to have the batteries replaced, though....good luck
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar Ft7 and its easy to use and calculates everything for you after a simple setup
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    oooh thanx guys i will be off to ebay right now :)
    and i dont have to have a maths brain either lol yay