Exercise routine! Help! ASAP!!!

Options
Am I the only one who have no idea what exactly is going on at the gym? I do my researches on Internet but God almighty, confused. Com !!!!
All I want is to loose weight& tone my muscles...

Replies

• ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for a program to follow ? - or do you have to learn how to actually do the exercises? what ones to do? Eastcoast Jim
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Are you starting at 0?
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Why don't you ask someone who works at the gym to give you a tour? When you find something that seems interesting to you, ask them to show you how that machine works, or if they have any classes that you can participate in.
  • pislari_poljnamd
    pislari_poljnamd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    ecjim wrote: »
    Are you looking for a program to follow ? - or do you have to learn how to actually do the exercises? what ones to do? Eastcoast Jim

I'm looking for an effective program.. Yes! :)
  • pislari_poljnamd
    Options
    MissJay75 wrote: »
    Why don't you ask someone who works at the gym to give you a tour? When you find something that seems interesting to you, ask them to show you how that machine works, or if they have any classes that you can participate in.

Yesterday one of the gym staff showed me how all the machines work. I need a routine I guess. :)
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Have a session with one of the personal trainers at the gym (even if you've already used your free one). They can test you and listen to your goals and then give you a specific routine with reps/minutes for each one. I wrote mine down and try to follow it pretty diligently.
  • pislari_poljnamd
    Options
    Have a session with one of the personal trainers at the gym (even if you've already used your free one). They can test you and listen to your goals and then give you a specific routine with reps/minutes for each one. I wrote mine down and try to follow it pretty diligently.

Thank you! X
  • randomsue
    randomsue Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com has all types of free programs. Nutrition plans included. Videos galore and let me say it again, free. You just have to look through the site and pick what appeals you.
  • pislari_poljnamd
    Options
    randomsue wrote: »
    Bodybuilding.com has all types of free programs. Nutrition plans included. Videos galore and let me say it again, free. You just have to look through the site and pick what appeals you.

Thank you!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    stronglifts.com Download their 5X5 app and follow that. Super easy and effective! ALSO FREE!
  • boymommy3x
    boymommy3x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who have no idea what exactly is going on at the gym? I do my researches on Internet but God almighty, confused. Com !!!!
    All I want is to loose weight& tone my muscles...

Depending on what gym you use, you can ask about personal trainers! I know the gym I go to, there's a personal trainer that's included with your membership and you can make appointments to talk to her and she sets up a workout routine and everything with you!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    stronglifts.com Download their 5X5 app and follow that. Super easy and effective! ALSO FREE!

I'd also recommend starting stronglifts. It's a 3 day/week novice lifting program and you can sprinkle in cardio on a couple of your 4 rest days.