What's your reason?

Options
What's your reason for losing weight?
I've always been big and I have no one to blame except myself. I just had no portion control. Even though from the age of 8 I was a member of the local hockey,swim,netball,basketball and cricket team- I still remained large . And I know why. In my head, I thought that because I was doing all this sport I could eat what I wanted. But obviously I couldn't because now I'm the size of a baby whale!
I could of stopped this at any time. But I ignored my head and listened to my parents; "it's just puppy fat" "it'll all drop off as soon as you hit puberty". Well it bloody well didn't! I ballooned.
I have spent most of my life being fat and ashamed of myself. I don't go out, I don't have friends, I even gave up my education because I couldn't walk through the college door without being laughed at. Sure that sounds stupid, but when you have zero confidence in yourself, it's a huge blow.
Being fat has ruined my childhood, my adolescent years and I'll be damned if it ruins my adulthood!

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be there for my family. I had trouble keeping up with my 3 boys. Now at 41 and 110 lbs lost, I'm in the best shape of my life!
  • gogobananajo
    gogobananajo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I wanted to be there for my family. I had trouble keeping up with my 3 boys. Now at 41 and 110 lbs lost, I'm in the best shape of my life!

Congratulations on your incredible loss!
  • kathrynmcneil13
    kathrynmcneil13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your situation is a almost exactly the same as mine.only when I stopped all my high school sports, I gained weight like crazy. Now I'm just trying to undo the damage.
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I want to look good naked! lol
  • arjunmisra195
    arjunmisra195 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lol even i wanna look good naked XD
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    "What's your reason for losing weight?"

I was old and fat. Now just old.

For a mid-life crisis, instead of getting a fast car, or woman, I decided to get a better me.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I have been fat since I was 7 years old. But as a young adult I started getting anxiety at night about dying in my sleep from a heart attack or getting diabetes. At the same time this guy I was seeing for the last 3 years ended ith me. I decided that it was time
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So many reasons...
    more confidence
    wear high heels w/o looking like a new born animal
    cute clothes

But ultimately its to be a mom. Whether that happens naturally after losing some weight or we adopt, both will be "easier" not morbidly obese.
  • boymommy3x
    boymommy3x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    memickee wrote: »
    I want to look good naked! lol

Haha you're hilarious! Great answer!
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of being unhappy with my body, feeling like the ~fat friend~ and just overall not having an confidence in myself. Also my endurance is pretty bad, I'm not very strong, and I'd really like to improve on that.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    What's your reason for losing weight?
    I've always been big and I have no one to blame except myself. I just had no portion control. Even though from the age of 8 I was a member of the local hockey,swim,netball,basketball and cricket team- I still remained large . And I know why. In my head, I thought that because I was doing all this sport I could eat what I wanted. But obviously I couldn't because now I'm the size of a baby whale!
    I could of stopped this at any time. But I ignored my head and listened to my parents; "it's just puppy fat" "it'll all drop off as soon as you hit puberty". Well it bloody well didn't! I ballooned.
    I have spent most of my life being fat and ashamed of myself. I don't go out, I don't have friends, I even gave up my education because I couldn't walk through the college door without being laughed at. Sure that sounds stupid, but when you have zero confidence in yourself, it's a huge blow.
    Being fat has ruined my childhood, my adolescent years and I'll be damned if it ruins my adulthood!

Hi
    My reason is simple. Being able to get around and have good health.
    I have gone from being barely able to walk to the curb to walking 2.75 miles a day and 200 pounds lost, Blood Work is now all good, BP is good etc.

It takes some work TBH :)

Good Luck
    Roger