Zumba for PS3 Move

Options
Anyone tried it? I've never done Zumba before but since I can no longer do the 30 day Shred I'm looking for a new workout.
Is it worth the money?

Replies

• LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I have it and I enjoy it. It really is a great workout. I have yet to do it all the time, mainly due to me being lazy. lol.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm hopefully gonna get it today, If I do I will let you know how it goes!
  • cynephen
    cynephen Posts: 6
    Options
    I do Zumba 2x/week at a gym and its a great workout. I have never tried it on a game system but I know people who have the DVDs and they also say its a great workout. Plus it breaks down the moves for you so you can grasp it faster and easier.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    I love Zumba! I currently do the DVDS and enjoy them. I used to take classes and loved those too!! I think that game should be fun!!!
  • truebeauty5
    truebeauty5 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wanted to let you know that Zumba is so much fun. I do not use it on the Ps3 but I actually go to the classes. I never was interested in really working out but Zumba is alot of fun and it doesn't make you feel that you are actually working out cause its upbeat music. I would really try if I were you it is a great workout...

Kellie:happy:
  • KristinAshli
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ZUMBA, AND HAVE LOST 8 POUNDS SINCE DOING IT! I go to the class though, which is way more expensive than the DVD's. But the classes are awesome, there are plenty of women to keep you going in the class and lots of fun! If this helps any, i burn between 700-1000 calories in an hour of Zumba class! (i have an HRM) It's awesome! I reccomend going to a class in your area! Check your city's community center or if you go to a gym...they should have the classes for free at the gym with membership, depending on where you go. Good Luck!
  • Hildabean
    Hildabean Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba in a class twice a week. I have Zumba for Wii...but its just not as fun and motivating as going to the class. The instructor we have is awsome and it makes you want to come back for more.:love: I have lost 10 lbs since started back in Feb. Plus it is a high calorie burner! avg 500-1000 cal burned in 60min. I LOVE IT! You feel like your in a big dance class rather than excersizeing. Its a definate must do!!!
  • AmberM6912
    AmberM6912 Posts: 79
    Options
    I have it and love it! It keeps my heart rate up and I don't feel like an idiot when I mess up in my own living room as opposed to a crowded gym. It's really convenient especially on nights when I don't have a lot of time for a work out and driving to the gym. I usually burn about 500-600 calories in about 45 minutes. It's great because it has tutorials that break down the moves and as long as you keep moving and keep your heart rate up it's not as important if you miss a few moves or get a few wrong. I would definitely recommend it!
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I bought the zumba for PS3 for my wife.. she goes to the classes a couple of times a week, but sometimes it is impossible to make every class, and doing it at home on the PS3 is a great alternative. She enjoys doing zumba/ps3, and sometimes our step-daughter joins in. I have to admit, its fun to watch her do it because my wife is so darned cute.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I bought the zumba for PS3 for my wife.. she goes to the classes a couple of times a week, but sometimes it is impossible to make every class, and doing it at home on the PS3 is a great alternative. She enjoys doing zumba/ps3, and sometimes our step-daughter joins in. I have to admit, its fun to watch her do it because my wife is so darned cute.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I have hip problems(they pop out of the socket), that's why I had to stop the Shred, do you think it would be an issue for Zumba?
  • Hildabean
    Hildabean Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have bursitis in the hips...It doesnt stop me from so it in fact the dr encourages it due to the strength training. Just know your limitations...like I cant jump so I alter the moves that make you jump...there is no wrong way of doing it as long as your moving you melt it off any way you can...MOVE is the key word
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba I have started doing it back when the first DVDs came out and I lost weight doing it, than got pregnant for a second time and just got back into doing it again. I am doing the DVDs at home I bought the new ones with the zumba sticks and I love it. The videos are about 45 mins long and I usually burn anywhere from 400 to 500 calories I use a Polar FT4 to get an accurate calorie burn.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I have had it for the move for about a month and I love it!! Totally worth the money!!! I found it on sale at Kmart for 39 bucks =)
  • Corazon84
    Corazon84 Posts: 14
    Options
    The zumba game is awesome. I will tell how to do it step by step. I really enjoy it. I have lost so far 25 be doing Zumba. Buy u will enjoy it.
  • BlessedMomX2
    BlessedMomX2 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i bought it earlier today, and just got done playing it! it was so much fun!!!!!1 i cant believe how much I sweated doing that! You dont even feel like your excersising, its alot of fun. I recommend it! BUT it goes fast and even the tutorial goes way too fast. but its fun trying to stay along with the girl!
  • kaitedid
    kaitedid Posts: 33
    Options
    I have to Zumba Wii game, the Exhilerate DVDs, and I go to class. I love all of them (the class the most), and the Wii game is fun, but I don't feel like I get as much out of it as I do the class and DVDs. Of course, it's better than nothing and I do think it's worth the money!! Enjoy everything Zumba, it's a lot of fun!