Time of the Month

Options
I always read about women losing weight right after their periods end. That "whoosh!" that people experience. I wait for it. I never get it.

It's like my weight loss just stops entirely during my period. Then, when it's over, it will start again like I was eating normally that whole week. Nothing. No whoosh.

I am eating and exercising like normal. I don't know what's wrong.

Does this happen to anyone else??

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight outside of that week or so, why do you assume something is wrong?
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just don't bloat as much as others?
  • blessingsfromabove721
    Options
    I'm the same way :( don't know why, and it kinda sucks but oh well..

At least I'm losing outside that time :)
  • DivietoDiSosta
    DivietoDiSosta Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you're losing weight outside of that week or so, why do you assume something is wrong?

My issue is that I am eating under my goal and exercizing, and there is nothing on the scale to show for it. I don't gain weight, but it is essentially a week of effort with zero results on my body.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're losing weight, way to go!
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's the Whoosh of the water weight going away. Like, day 1 = WHOOSH UP 5 lbs. Day 8 = WHOOSH DOWN 5 lbs.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

My issue is that I am eating under my goal and exercizing, and there is nothing on the scale to show for it. I don't gain weight, but it is essentially a week of effort with zero results on my body.

We're not going to lose weight each week though. I'm not sure your goals are realistic, especially when you factor in hormone fluctuations. Are you GAINING weight (real gain, not just water weight)? If not, then I think saying you have "nothing to show for it" isn't really accurate.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,960 Member
    Options
    I get a Creep Up first and then the Down Woosh about 10 days later.
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Lucky you I gain up to 5 pounds the week before my period lol but then the next week it's gone. So I guess that could be considered the loss. However it's just a water gain and loss so I know the week before my period don't even bother tracking my weight
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You stop losing for one week. People who have a woosh stop losing for 2-3 weeks. In the end, you lose the same. We just lose a month worth of weight in one week, you lose it in 3. I don't see what the big deal is.