Day 1 on fitness pal

Options
Hey Community, I'm a former aerobics and weight training teacher. I recently went thru a major life crisis and put on 20lbs of hell. Def need some help with motivation rt now and I look forward to motivating others as well....Joy

Replies

• memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Welcome Joy! Glad you have taken a positive step to a healthier you. That's awesome that you have a fitness background. It should definitely help you on your journey....Linda
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Use the boards for support and be sure to log your food. You'll lose the weight you gained.
  • SonoraBlue
    SonoraBlue Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We all need motivation--especially at the start! I've found it's rough going from fit to overweight because it's so much harder than I recall it to be to keep in the habit of exercising regularly! I hear you!
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • soyjoy105
    soyjoy105 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kindness and support. I def needed and appreciate it.
  • sbrmom
    sbrmom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a similar background and have 25-30 to lose! Feel free to add me as a friend!
    -Melissa
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    Soyjoy, is there a meaning behind your name? Also, what is your weight training (teacher) history and background? I'm a curious chap... sorry if that too much to ask.
  • soyjoy105
    soyjoy105 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well My name is joy and I'm a vegan so when my ex nicknamed me that, it kind of stuck. Lol I taught weight training and aerobics for 15 yrs in a high school in queens. Not too much to ask at all