Warrior Dash, Mud and Clothes (Costumes)

Options
LorinaLynn
LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
I'm doing my Warrior Dash on Saturday at 9am. I'm running in a fur trimmed bikini top (modest halter-style) and mini-kilt (with boy short bikini bottoms under), with woad face paint like the image in my ticker. I fully expect the woad to be a disaster by the time I'm done, what with the swamps and sweating, but I was wondering if they rinse you off good enough after to continue to wear my costume the rest of the day? Or should I definitely bring a change of clothes?

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Sorry...I didn't get any further than mud wrestling.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    LOL Binary...

Let us know how it goes, I am doing the MN warrior dash in July!
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    Are you doing the one in the Poconos?
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    That sounds so fun! I can't wait to do the Warrior Dash. I guess it all depends on the person. If you think the mud or even the water from the rinse off is going to irratate you all day then definitely bring a change of clothes. If not, then rock that costume all day girl!!
    I have a friend that is making a Xena Warrior Princess costume for me to wear next year at my local Warrior dash.

Have fun!
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Better to throw a change of clothes in the car and not need it than be uncomfortable all day bc of mud in, um, "sensitive places." :blushing:
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Haha~That is awesome!! I was reading about the warrior dash yesterday and had totally decided it was something I wanted to do. Found two near my area and my bf and I are planning on doing one.

From what I read on the website yesterday it says they have places to rinse off, but suggest bringing a change of clothes. Heck, it also suggested somewhere to bring a towel or trash bag for the ride home (suppose that's if you don't change.) haha

Have fun and let me know how it turns out for you!! :)
  • smcguirt
    smcguirt Posts: 11
    Options
    I ran the GA warrior dash and there were no rising off stations provided! I would definitely bring a towel and a change of clothes, I did! May be different for your area. Is this your first? Fun race!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Change of clothes. When I did mine we had to jump in the lake to rinse off. Also make sure your clothes are very secure lol. That mud weighs a lot! Even though I had drawstring shorts on with the weight of the mud I had to hold them up as I ran.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Panda_Jack/view/warrior-dash-2011-90804
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm doing the dash in Manchester, TN in September. I was thinking of getting a wonder woman costume.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    There were trucks with fire hoses to spray us off after the one I ran but it's ice cold and it doesn't get everything. I recommend a full change of clothes, a towel & even some baby wipes (the mud will hide EVERYWHERE...).

Oh! Don't forget sunscreen either, my shoulders got really burnt after the race. And have a great time! It was SO much fun!!
  • monkeymomof3
    monkeymomof3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We had a warrior wash off after the race where they hosed us off with cold water from a water truck....I was still very dirty :) Take a change of clothes! And a towel :)
  • jabbogurl
    jabbogurl Posts: 193
    Options
    I did the one near Orlando and the rinse off station was a big arch you walked under that sprayed water at you. The mud here is really strange so it stuck to our bodies completely and the rinse station did pretty much nothing. Even when we got home, we had to scrub for a good hour to get all the mud off. With that said, my husband and I honestly didn't care that we were soaked and muddy. It was sunny and hot out, so we dried off pretty quick and he drives a jeep, so getting the inside dirty wasn't an issue. We didn't bring towels or extra clothes or anything. I'd say about 75%of people bring a change of clothes and you'll need to either change in the port a potties (thats a challenge!) or in your car or something. So, I guess its up to you if you really care or not.
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine after getting hosed off.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I'll be doing one in Austin in November - can't wait. Thanks Panda for posting pics!