Bad night.....advice?

Options
I really did not have a good night last night!!!! I did not do my miles and found myself stuck in the TV :(
Very disappointed in myself but today is a new day! Just felt like confessing I guess........... Things that I can do next time this happens that may have helped you would be greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Don't bring things that will tempt you into the house. Have healthy snacks that will not sabotage your whole day.
  • Niceven
    Niceven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You're gonna have days like that. Believe me :D The key is to not let them be everyday. Back on the horse you!
  • jpierce8806
    Options
    I almost did this the other night....just think to yourself....what am I accomplishing sitting here? What did I do today to deserve just sitting here and watching TV? That's what I ask myself? I sit at my job all day....and yeah its still a stressful job but, Im not really doing anything....so I just tell myself...after the workout you deserve to sit down and veg.

Maybe you could do yoga watching TV? that might kill two birds with one stone.

Just a thought :)
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    You are forgiven. Your penance is do your miles today and not beat yourself up for a night in front of the telly! As long as you get back on the wagon, no harm, no foul.
  • meganelizabetho
    Options
    Relaxation is okay sometimes! Every once and a while if I'm REALLY not feelin' a cardio day, I decide to make it a relaxation day instead. Keeps my mental health up there with my physical health! Just don't do it too often :)
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    The best advice is what your doing...TODAY is a new day. We all have our moment and flaws :) we are only human.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Like Niceven said, you'll have these days. You want to aim for all good days and realize you'll have some bad... but if you find yourself having all bad days sprinkled with a little good,THEN you've gotta act fast. :) I like being stuck in front of the tv sometimes and I just run in place, do isometrics or you can even buy an old, beat up exercise bike off craigslist and do that while you watch. You can be fit and enjoy many of the same things, in my opinion, you've just gotta change it up a little.
  • nrandall
    nrandall Posts: 1
    Options
    It happens to the best of us. I agree with dls06's post, don't bring tempting treats into the house, therefore when the snack attack hits, you have a better chance of staying on track. As for not getting miles in caused by the tv trap.... I find when I'm having one of those nights, not working out and knowing I'm not "doing right" I make myself meet in the middle. I'll do ab work, medicine ball, kettle bell, etc. while watching tv. I'm still getting to watch, but being productive along the way. Fair trade off :)

Don't beat yourself up, just get back out there today :)
  • Kris0109
    Kris0109 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've become one of those people who keeps a couple of sets of hand weights in my living room, and a stability ball in the closet. Somehow, I make myself feel better about the TV by doing arms at the same time, or abs during commercials!
  • Colie001
    Colie001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine posted a quote from Tony Horton on his on facebook and everytime I start thinking about not doing my workout I follow this.

"Write down how you feel when you blow off your workout. Write down how you feel the moment your work is over. Compare the two" Tony Horton
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    You seem really cut up about it? don't feel guilty, food should bring us pleasure not stress. Ok so you had a bad night and not done your exercises today, but that won't put you back at all and you can make up up for it by working out extra hard next time. Enjoy your night off and make a promise to yourself to be good for the rest of the week...you may decide you deserve another "treat" next week. x
  • tanya71stewart
    Options
    Be kind to yourself!!! A day of rest is MORE than OK...it is good for your body :) Strive for balance....and have kind thoughts about yourself!!!!
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    Just push it aside, and don't let it set you back!! Everyday is a new day, and it's an opportunity to get to where you want to be!
  • LoraEllen
    LoraEllen Posts: 81
    Options
    Great ideas!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post! Appreciate you all and WILL take the advice. Have a great weekend everyone!