I really messed up today.....

Options
lthur714
lthur714 Posts: 105 Member
edited October 2015 in Motivation and Support
Since being on MVP, I've not had an occasion to really want to binge out on junk food. But, today...something (boredom, maybe) had me in the snack drawer. Polished off 15 candy corn pieces, 3 pieces of Russell Stover Marshmallow mini-pumkins, .75 oz of Cheetos, and 11 Beanito snack chips (and least they have a lot of fiber and protein!). Used up all of my lunch calories on this stuff. I could not believe it. I know better...still don't know why I did that.

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Your "binge" was pretty small and it's not going to do any real damage so don't beat yourself up over it. Live and learn! Probably the best thing you can do is try to figure out what happened and how you can stop it from happening again. The easiest way would be to not buy candy corn, chocolates and Beanitos (whatever those are) so you don't have them around in the first place. :smile:
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Amateur. :) I polished off an entire bag of candy corn about two weeks ago. It happens. Keep going!
  • agreenid
    agreenid Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give is to log it and move on.

I'm not going to tell you that it wasn't really a binge or that it probably wasn't that many calories because the bigger issue is the way you feel about it (I've been there, that loss of control is crazy amounts of not-fun). But it happened and the best thing you can do is log it and move on. Tomorrow is a new day--this isn't you "falling of the wagon" or undoing all the work you've put in. Learn from it, try and figure out why it happened like SUEINAZ recommended and try for better next time! You got this.
  • Gizmo20783
    Gizmo20783 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Cheese steak, Italian cold cut with bacon, half a carrot cake, three pieces of fried chicken, potato wedges and a 2 liter of Pepsi. That was a personal binge. What happened to you was a moment of weakness and hardly worth mentioning. Get back on track tomorrow and you'll live.
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Love it. Log it. Leave the guilt behind. Laugh at your bunge tomorrow when you are under calorie! :)
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Oops. WTH is a bunge? I meant binge! :(
  • tashspring68
    tashspring68 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome to being human :) Don't feel too badly over it.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    That was a binge? You'll be fine, I promise:)
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    As long as the next day your back to 100% you will be fine
  • lthur714
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Gizmo20783 wrote: »
    Cheese steak, Italian cold cut with bacon, half a carrot cake, three pieces of fried chicken, potato wedges and a 2 liter of Pepsi. That was a personal binge. What happened to you was a moment of weakness and hardly worth mentioning. Get back on track tomorrow and you'll live.

Thanks for putting it in perspective! I appreciate your honesty. You are making me want carrot cake now (smile).
  • lthur714
    Options

Thanks for the support!
  • lthur714
    Options

Well, I would have been fine except we went to the movies and there was that popcorn...with butter. Back on track tomorrow!
  • lthur714
    Options

Thank you for your kindness!
  • lthur714
    Options
    That was a binge? You'll be fine, I promise:)

Thanks, Kissed! Hug!
  • lthur714
    Options
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »
    Love it. Log it. Leave the guilt behind. Laugh at your bunge tomorrow when you are under calorie! :)

I don't think I will ever be "under calorie" but hopefully, not so much over next time.
  • lthur714
    Options

I'll try -- thanks!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That's so not a binge! You could burn that off, easy! Be easier on yourself. <3
  • fedman79542
    fedman79542 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I have used mfp for a little over a year. I go off of my diet every weekend. My "treat" to myself. To this day im 100 pds lighter by counting calories. A one day binge is not going to destroy your diet. It may play with your motivation if you let it. Stay strong. You can do it
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @Ithur714 these things happen.

Log it. Learn from it (it sounds as though you have a bit of an understanding as to why it happened, so that insight can be invaluable for the next time you feel this way). Move onwards and upwards....leave the guilt behind.

You are Human being and we all have days we are less than 'perfect' (whatever that means to you).....a few tips like making sure you are well hydrated, having other lower calorie snacks available to you when urges strike and making sure you are aiming at too high a deficit too all may help avoid these issues in the future.

All the best.