5'7" 100+ to lose

Options
I'm Michelle! I'm back at it. I've yoyo'd probably close to 1000 pounds over all. :(
I've been on this site a long while and before this, spark people. I've used all the trackers but, never really the community side. So here I am! I need friends! I'd love to find other women with similar weight loss goals and maybe life styles who I can relate to and can relate to me. And maybe even can help me stay on track! I'm 5'7 and 250ish right now (my scale is coming on Tuesday) I'd like to get to 150 in the long term. But for now, under 200 by my birthday, in May. I'm a work at home mom with two kids I homeschool. My hubby is very supportive but also has much better willpower than me, so I think has a hard time understanding the struggle. My biggest issues are eating out of boredom, saddness, and poor choices when I'm lacking time. Anyways, add me and tell me your journeys so far and goals too. :-)

Replies

• aloise08
    aloise08 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I don't have the same weight loss goals as you, but I'm the same height so that's kind of something right? Lol. Anyways! My name is Emily and if you'd like we can support each other, offer advice and help keep each other on track :smile:

I will add you and we can chat!
  • GaelachAingeal
    GaelachAingeal Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in a similar boat. I'm 5'6" and was in 230s. I decided I had enough of squeezing into bigger clothes. You have realistic goals so you can do this! Just have to stick with it. There will be days that are harder than others and I've failed a few times but that doesn't mean you need to give up. Just have to have the willpower to continue on this journey of a healthier you.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly similar, also 5'7'' and my goal right now is also be to at 200lbs by my birthday in January. I lost just over 100lbs in a year and gained about 50 back in the past 10 months. Ouch!! So what I learned there is that my first loss was too fast. I got lots of will power and worked SO hard that I broke inside. Honestly. Just gave up completely. Then I had my second "ah-ha" moment and just cannot do it again.

So my plan this time around is slow and steady build of fitness, just 30 mins a day of some activity (I use a fitbit and have a step goal) and my food plan is pretty basic. Im not cutting any food groups like I did before (I just cant give anything up forever!) and Im keeping my calories at a reasonable deficit and not get it too low. I was miserable for a year. Yep I lost the weight but I drank my breakfast, didn't have a single "good" poop for a year, hated every workout, and certainly didnt gain any actual self esteem. I am determined this "yo" will be my only, and I have probably spent a whole two months slooooooowly getting "here" (solid calorie control/recording food/good deficit/decently active again). I feel like the habits are growing stronger every day, and Im pretty proud of the .1% body fat decrease since I got my new Aria scale!

I work as a nanny, so my day time could potentially be similar to yours as far as dealing with kids meals looking so good and time issues! I dont know if my journal is open but feel free to send a friend request if you'd like!
  • fedman79542
    fedman79542 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you on your journey. I have tried many different diets before which included taking prescribed medication.. in my opinion my fitness pal by far is the best way to keep an up to date average of your daily calorie count allowing you to lose weight and maintain your ideal weight. I myself started using my fitness pal off and on well over a year ago. Up until now I personally never used the app to its full potential ( weighing in, using the community, etc) but I did use it to keep track of my calories and fat in take. I have lost over 100 pds with the help of my fitness pal and have had no problem keeping it off.You can lose your desired weight as well. I wish you the best.
    Fedman79542