In need of some motivation!!!

Options
I've tried this again and again with no success. I get discouraged because noticing results take so long. I'm in need of some friends to help keep me motivated! I'm sick of feeling gross and sluggish. It's time for a change!!! Send me a friend request. I'll return the motivation and support.

Replies

• fedman79542
    fedman79542 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you on your journey. I have tried many different diets before which included taking prescribed medication.. in my opinion my fitness pal by far is the best way to keep an up to date average of your daily calorie count allowing you to lose weight and maintain your ideal weight. I myself started using my fitness pal off and on well over a year ago. Up until now I personally never used the app to its full potential ( weighing in, using the community, etc) but I did use it to keep track of my calories and fat in take. I have done very well with the help of my fitness pal and although like many have had problems keeping it off, I have managed to do so.You can lose your desired weight as well. I wish you the best. Feel free to send me a friend request.
    Fedman79542
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Can I share a couple of observations? I'm a 46 yr old mom w/young kids still at home and I was not highly motivated when I started on MFP. Like you, I was tired of never feeling good and wanted it to stop. What I've discovered is that motivation isn't a prerequisite, nor is it something somebody else can provide you with, but it can be slowly built. Get your MFP calorie recommendation based on a *reasonable* weekly weight loss goal. If you're starting off with 1200, your goal is too high. Log religiously- it's tedious, but gets much easier/simpler with time. You'll start feeling pretty good about the accomplishment of logging regularly, and that will likely motivate you to make another small, simple change. Eventually, you'll start seeing the results, and that will really motivate you. When you realize you had no idea how bad you REALLY felt to begin with (compared to how good you feel now), your determination will become set in stone. Frankly, it doesn't bode well that you think "results take so long". Ultimately, "the results" are going to take your whole life. But I sort of think that's what MFP is for- to provide a distraction while we wait. Oh, and when it comes to friends, rather than just putting out an open call, search the forums for people you relate to and enjoy and who are active and send them a PM. Works great! Wishing you the best. :)