LOST weight on vacation & enjoyed myself!

Options
It's possible! I just got back from a week in DC where I was hoping to just maintain and I actually lost a pound.
1) I logged. I knew I would be logging bigger amounts of food & drink but that awareness you get from logging remains really helpful.
2) I walked. Walking & vacation are very compatible! You can build some activity into almost any vacation.
3) I ate my exercise calories everyday.
I earned them!
4) I had a few limits: one drink per opportunity to drink (broke this the last night for 3 glasses of prosecco); only one sweet per day & split it if possible; when presented with food options think about the protein content.
Other than that I just really enjoyed all the variety of chasing down good food trucks, visiting new restaurants, sitting in cafes to watch people, and hitting lively happy hours. It was great! Guilt free. And now that I'm home my boring cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, salads, etc look so comforting & familiar.

Replies

• alicat1974
    alicat1974 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Last time I was on vacation in DC I averaged 10 miles a day walking. That city is a perfect destination for wonderful food and great pedestrian sight-seeing. Before you know it, you've walked off most everything calorie-wise by bedtime every night. Good for you for finding that perfect balance!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nicely done!!
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great job! I too have lost weight on my last 2 vacas.
  • finnsgma
    finnsgma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Funny, we went to DC a couple Summers ago when I was four months into my weight loss journey and I was so worried I would gain or stall that week. But imagine my surprise and glee when I lost 5 pounds after the week. It was hot as balls there (July) and we walked a zillion miles, but I didn't really think about that and was shocked after. The same thing happened at Disney! I think I actually am way more active on vacation b/c we walk everywhere exploring, but in my day to day life, I drive everywhere b/c of where I love and am always schlepping my kids to their various activities in the car.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes! Now I can stop worrying about vacations & focus on worrying about the regular weeks! LOL