Replies

• missymarea
    missymarea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    WTG ...to both you and your mom!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i am trolls mom. i never knew she was struggling with this like she was. she had always been tiny and wore baggy clothes so i never knew that underneath it all she was pretty much a skeleton. i feel horrible about it--i cant believe i didnt see all of this. thank all of you for your encouragement and support to her.

KELSI: YOU ARE MY REASON FOR GETTING UP IN THE MORNING. YOU ARE MY INSPIRATION EVERY DAY. I COULDNT DO ANYTHING WITHOUT YOU. YOU HAVE HELPED ME MORE THAN I WILL EVER BE ABLE TO TELL YOU AND EVEN THOUGH I COMPLAIN BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO DO ANOTHER PUSHUP, LUNGE, BEAR CRAWL, ETC YOU "SWEETLY" ENCOURAGE ME TO DO JUST ONE MORE. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO. I AM SOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU BOO BEAR.

LOVE YOU BUNCHES

To Kelsi, BRAVO!! I am giving you a standing ovation for your success! I, too, have overcome anorexia and bulimia...to quote Joe Biden, "this is a big f'ing deal!" :happy: Congratulations a million times over for being HEALTHY. It feels good, doesn't it?

To Kelsi's mom: Don't beat yourself up. Even if you had seen it (my parents didn't until I was very, very sick), telling her how worried and scared you were may only have fuelled the fire. It's part of the illness - when a person with an eating disorder is told "Wow, you're looking really skinny", s/he often hears it as a compliment and tries even harder to lose weight. I know I did. Bony frames, ribs poking out - those can be hidden with clothes. People with eating disorders have many, many strategies to hide it from even the most caring and watchful of families. It's a scary, scary illness and you have nothing to feel guilty about.
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    That is soooo awesome!! Congratulations on a much healthier YOU!!:love:
  • jodibelle
    jodibelle Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good job! You should be proud of yourself! Taking control of your life and making healthy choices is what is all about - no matter if that means you need to loose or gain! Keep up the good work.
  • kmp327
    kmp327 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I teared up a little reading your post. Congratulations on your weight gain and your journey to being a healthier person. It's all about being strong and healthy and happy. Even though I don't know you, I am proud of you and happy for you! I don't know what it's like to be anorexic or bulimic, but I certainly do know what it feels like to feel like food is the only thing you can control and then suddenly, have it be the thing that's controlling YOU.

I love MFP because it's easy to find support here. Know that I support you and am rooting for you!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    What an AMAZING story! You keep it up girl...you've come so far and doing well!!!
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. It's great to see people's lives being turned round and their bodies brought into the 'healthy' category, from above or below.

P.S. I do think I'm addicted to caffeine, yes :laugh: well, recently I've been making an effort to cut down...
  • ajmz319
    ajmz319 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    good for you!!! keep moving in a positive direction!
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! It is SO hard to overcome those body issues! And this is such a good way of reminding everyone that this sight is about FITNESS not just losing weight! Good for you that's so awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be proud of the progress you've made. That is wonderful. Keep remembering that it's all about being healthy. WTG!
  • sabrafox
    sabrafox Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be proud of the progress you've made. That is wonderful. Keep remembering that it's all about being healthy. WTG!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!