Replies

• CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Zero. Bought the gear for my own.ec3hbsqi1toq.jpg
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    OG rate at 24hr fitness since 06! $50/yr! (Ended a while back.) I powerlift at my house though. Gym for DB's, machines, cardio.
  • boymommy3x
    boymommy3x Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mine is $20 a month. I was going every day, but have been slacking recently. I need to start going again though! My membership includes a personal trainer, all the workout equipment, massage beds, tanning beds, everything! I love it!
  • 3stepsahead
    3stepsahead Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    $23/month , decent local gym.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, $89 monthly family membership at neighborhood Y here too. Park Service offers a health benefit that pays for about 2 months annually if you file the right paperwork. Husband uses it to swim 3-4 days per week when he's home. I shut it off while he was on assignment in DC but am reactivating it for Nov 1 because with the time change I may need some indoor workout options. Also, I miss my Zumba. I have vowed to master the weight machines this go round. My nemesis.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has Blue Cross insurance can get a discounted gym membership. It's $25 a month and you can use any member gym in the US. For me that includes LA Fitness, Anytime Fitness, and a few local high end clubs. It's awesome, and it seems like very few people know about it.

Yep. That's what mine is (posted above). It's great!
    Most, if not all, insurance plans come with gym deals now. It's part of the Affordable Health Care Act.
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think mine is $42-ish a month, but if I go at least 12 days a month, my insurance will cover like half of it or $20 of it, can't remember which.
  • rocknrollfire
    rocknrollfire Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    $65 a month + i go 3-4 times a week. sooo about $5 each time. it's worth it though - tons of great classes, decent pool, pleasant facility, good staff.
  • MamaMollyT
    MamaMollyT Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    We are military so I have a free gym but use it rarely. 1-2 times a week. I run outside, use kettle bells a d rowing machine at home, hike, swim in the ocean, do sprints at the park with my kids and stair climbs wherever I find stairs. I do spend a pretty penny on running shoes though!
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options
    Nothing, it is included in the HOA. But I am paying $40 once a week now because I am doing TRX with a trainer.
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    31 a month at the Y. Originally it was supposed to be 50, but the guy lessened it for me because I'm a semi broke college student. Yay for nice people!
  • Big_Steezy
    Big_Steezy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    £15 - open 24hrs, loads of free classes there, all the machines and weights you could ask for..

Go 3x a week, Only bother with the squat racks and free weights though.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    700 a year for the whole family (although this yr it was 450 bc my daughter won a year child's membership). I go 3-5 times a week. As a family we go a few times a month and during the summer we go a lot for the swimming pools and other events since I'm off for the summer.. There are pools, fitness classes (I love Zumba) weight room, rock wall, basketball courts, racket ball, youth Center, and several other things that are free. Then there is after school care for a discounted member rate, and all kinds of youth and adult sport things.
    Love our Rec Center it's very family friendly and has a great staff been going there 3 years.
  • bgrey8716
    bgrey8716 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    $10 a month. I can also bring someone to lift with me... I have a VIP membership ;)
  • DavidVXR
    DavidVXR Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    £25.00 per month for inclusive membership giving users unlimited access to the Fitness Club at two centre with access to Fitness classes and unlimited use of the swimming pools at both centres. You also get access free health checks, exercise programmes and health makerover.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Anyone who has Blue Cross insurance can get a discounted gym membership. It's $25 a month and you can use any member gym in the US. For me that includes LA Fitness, Anytime Fitness, and a few local high end clubs. It's awesome, and it seems like very few people know about it.

Yep. That's what mine is (posted above). It's great!
    Most, if not all, insurance plans come with gym deals now. It's part of the Affordable Health Care Act.

I would love to have your deal, sabine, so I checked my Aetna web site. Best they have is a program that is just a slight discount from the rates you get walking in off the street. Often, the initial reg. fee is halved and that's it. Bummer. Thanks for the heads up, though!

My best option available is probably the Costco 2-year deal on 24-Hour Fitness. It's like $370, so under $16/month.
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Joined Nautilus Plus in 1993 @ $10/month. Was grandfathered-in at Bally's and then LA Fitness at $10/month. They lose money on me with the long, hot saunas and showers I take after my workouts.