If you need a day off?

Options
So have this event where I know I am having a day off from calorie counting and don't want to add to MFP calories. What happens when you start again with your prediction of weight loss?

Replies

• WastedGetsSmaller
    WastedGetsSmaller Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Your prediction of weight loss is calculated day by day based on your weight, intake, and burn. It would fluctuate every day regardless unless you eat the exact same thing and burn the exact same amount of calories and stay the exact same weight every day.
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    One day won't make a difference.
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    One healthy day won't make you fit, one unhealthy day won't undo all of your good work. Just don't feel bad about it! Enjoy the day, then get right back on track the day after. You need to be able to have a life too.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    The calculation is based on that days deficit anyway. If you overeat, it will calculate that if you CONTINUE doing that for 5 weeks, you will gain weight. As long as you don't continue to overeat, the prediction changes.

Why not just log them the best you can after the fact? That helps you figure out if the standard weight loss goals and your logging are accurate. As others have said, a single bad day certainly won't kill you.

I had a day I logged almost 6000 calories. By weeks end, I was more or less at a break even or slight loss intake.
  • lavery25
    lavery25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cheers