Not Hungry

Lately I just don't feel the usual sensation of hunger. So I end up not eating until I'm weak/shaky from low blood sugar, but even then I don't eat much before I feel full (usually ends up around 50-100 calories of veggies). The one thing I know is different, is I've only been eating veggies and beans for the last week. I know veggies are high volumn low calorie, so that probably doesn't help with the eating little. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm trying to break the habit of relying on meat/dairy/grains because they aren't always as nutrition dense and often end up high in sodium. Thoughts?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Meat/dairy/grains aren't nutritionally dense, what make you think this?
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    They're not generally very high in iron, potassium, calcium, fiber, vitamin A or C, omega-3. I know red meat has higher iron, and salmon has higher potassium and omega-3, but in general those micro nutrients aren't there.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    I think it sounds like it's not working very well for you.

Not every item needs every micronutrient. You can get some from meat, dairy, and grains and others from other vegetables and beans.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    While you are meeting your micronutrient requirements, what about your macro nutrients? You know, protein, fat, carbs?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Protein is so important when losing weight, as it helps you maintain muscle mass.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    They're not generally very high in iron, potassium, calcium, fiber, vitamin A or C, omega-3. I know red meat has higher iron, and salmon has higher potassium and omega-3, but in general those micro nutrients aren't there.

Protein and fats are both important!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    1) you need to focus on your macro nutrients of protein (0.64g per lb of bodyweight minimum) and fat (0.35g per lb bodyweight minimum) first

2) then add dairy, berries, grains and a wide range of brightly coloured vegetables and carbs are up to personal choice

3) then add treats

Wrap it all up in hitting your calorie goal across the week

Move a little more

Lift some heavy stuff and put it done again

Stop focusing on the minutiae

And you will get your healthy vibe back
  • Kirky_V2
    Kirky_V2 Posts: 23 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    1) you need to focus on your macro nutrients of protein (0.64g per lb of bodyweight minimum) and fat (0.35g per lb bodyweight minimum) first

2) then add dairy, berries, grains and a wide range of brightly coloured vegetables and carbs are up to personal choice

3) then add treats

Wrap it all up in hitting your calorie goal across the week

Move a little more

Lift some heavy stuff and put it done again

Stop focusing on the minutiae

And you will get your healthy vibe back

+1. I just love this advice. Thank you