Diet plan jumper...any tips welcome

Options
I am constantly jumping diet plans because I get bored with the same foods I can have on some of them...I think I'm an excuse maker or maybe just tired of battling the bulge....tips and motivation are so welcome here!

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I bore easily too. Have you tried the MFP plan yet?
  • susane1227
    susane1227 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had it on my phone before but didn't use it faithfully like I'm sure I should
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Try logging the way you normally eat not on a diet for a week. Check your entries and switch out the higher calorie choices. The MFP way means all food is grist for the mill.
  • susane1227
    susane1227 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That could be scary...sweet eater...thnx for the suggestion
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Sounds like this app is tailor made for you then. A 'diet' with approved foods is much tougher to stick to.
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I use MFP and change diet plans all the time. I try to meet calorie goal averages for the week, so my calories can vary from 1000 - 2000 a day. That gives me lots of flexibility for special events and hungry days. I am also finding that keeping my carbohydrates under 100 grams a day makes me less hungry.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I agree with the others, most foods will work in the proper amounts. Ice Cream in moderation works as long as You can eat the proper portion. The Problem most people have is Some foods are a trigger and once You start on those You don't stop where you should.

For Example I know Potato Chips, if I start a bag next thing I know it is empty so I no longer eat them. OTOH I can eat snack bags of Popcorn be it prepackaged or Small size Microwave bags. I have for example snack size MW popcorn that runs 110 calories for the entire bag.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It's really simple: Eat food you like, but stick to your calorie goal.

No, I didn't say it was easy :#
  • jgnatca
    Options
    More good news. Not all sweets are super high calorie. That usually comes from the added fats. Fruits are naturally sweet and have the added benefit of fiber.

You might like protein shakes with banana and other fruits.

If I need a sweet fix I might make myself a hot cocoa or a Chai tea sweetened with stevia.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    More good news. Not all sweets are super high calorie. That usually comes from the added fats. Fruits are naturally sweet and have the added benefit of fiber.

You might like protein shakes with banana and other fruits.

If I need a sweet fix I might make myself a hot cocoa or a Chai tea sweetened with stevia.

Hi
    Exactly. I often add a Ripe banana to a Vanilla Protein Shake to use them up when they get really ripe. Tasty Too, Other fruits work also such as Strawberries to a vanilla Protein shake or to a Strawberry Protein shake. That adds texture and natural ingredients :)

I have also been known to warm a Chocolate protein shake in the Microwave as a hot chocolate.

Cheers
    Roger