New to this site, but not to the struggle...

Options
Hi! I don't usually do these posts, but I think I need accountability this time and am hoping to find it here.

I've struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. Between depression, emotionally abusive s/o's (not my husband; he's amazing!), and 2 pregnancies (both c-sections), I've gone from 120 lbs out of high school to roughly double that today. I'm sick of being sick.

I've followed the Atkins WOL in the past and it worked wonders for me. That's basically what I'm going with again, though not quite as strict. I'd rather have a bit of honey in my tea and a bite of something "forbidden" every once in a while, than feel like I'm punishing myself. Once I've made it a few weeks in, I know I'll be able to cut out a little more, it's just getting past the cravings. I work full time, and when I'm home I would rather spend time with my kids than spend it cooking, so I keep my meals very simple. I keep away from processed foods, so it's usually eggs, meat of some sort, and veggies. Nothing fancy.

Replies

• kg666
    kg666 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hey there good for you I'm also a mom it's not easy I was on bed rest during my pregnancy I had a rough one and I gained 50 pounds also I've never been To thin but I've never been as big as I got during my pregnancy either. I also suffer from postpartum right after my baby was born that depression is like no other it made me not care about my appearance so I can definitely relate to your story I'm going through the same struggle again trying to lose weight I'll add you as a friend if you don't mind. don't give up there you're not alone