Still on the right track?

Options
I'm 5'2" start 198 current 186 I was loosing great. And 7 days ago stopped gained a pound. And sat at a stand still I did have My TOM and figured that would mess with loss but when does it usually resume at a loss. I have read. It all I know loss can flucuate but is there a magic number of days ,at things need to change if I don't start loosing again?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I typically advise not worrying about things unless you go 6-8 weeks without seeing a change in the scale.

7 days is nothing...especially with TOM complications
  • jcow84
    jcow84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is not a linear thing - sometimes your body will stall for a little while. It is different for everyone. If you are tracking and weighing your food accurately you should be fine. Congrats on your 12 lb loss!
  • morihay
    morihay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow that's a long time even with me needing to loose 55 pounds?
  • morihay
    morihay Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    jcow84 wrote: »
    Weight loss is not a linear thing - sometimes your body will stall for a little while. It is different for everyone. If you are tracking and weighing your food accurately you should be fine. Congrats on your 12 lb loss!
    I guess it is just hard to go from a .2-.3 loss every day it's such a let down to see no movement after the "weight loss high" I am running using 10k trainer and love it I'm just gonna focus on that
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    For many people,weight loss comes in spurts. I'm one of those people. Lose nothing for weeks, then drop four pounds in a couple days...that sort of thing.

There are going to be weeks when you'll lose nothing, so get used to that. Don't let it discourage you. Most ay the course and you'll get where you're going. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Some women go up 5-7 days before TOM and hold onto that weight until the very end. Be patient, continue to log accurately, and that water weight will disappear. If it's really disheartening, you can choose not to weigh on those days.