Should I workout after an exhausted day at work ?!!

Options
Workout!

Replies

• fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you mean by exhausted - mental or physical? If you just feel a bit tired and sluggish, or have had a mentally tiring day I absolutely would. But if your job is physically demanding then you probably need the rest. It's one of those things that only you can decide - are you actually capable of working out and just making an excuse? Or do you really need a rest - rest days are also important!!
  • 1_shy_girl
    1_shy_girl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I mean Physically ... Thanks for the advice
  • 1_shy_girl
    Options
    Yes that's what I do when I have less physical days I go to the gym otherwise I stay home and rest
    Thank you
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You're welcome :blush:
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1_shy_girl wrote: »
    Workout!

No sleeeep.
  • Saliang
    Saliang Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If I am mentally tired then I try to push myself to go to the gym....but if I am physically tired on top then I will not manage. I give myself two free days a week.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    if you wanted to, you could do ten minutes of stretching or yoga. I'm all for rest, but sometimes a light stretching routine feels especially good on a physically demanding day. As someone said above, you're the only one that can judge. :)
  • 1_shy_girl
    Options
    Thanks
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Don't know your routine, but I face this many times. I always just workout. You will feel a ton better afterwards. Sometimes, the workout will be less than stellar, but not usually. Usually once you get started your body responds and you end up having a good workout any way.
  • conniedj
    conniedj Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    A short workout is better than no workout! But....if you are so exhausted that you are risking bad form/injury? Rest.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My workouts are classes on a schedule and I can only get to some I like once a week. Since the gym is a bit of a drive I usually do two classes in a row. If I'm really tired I might do just one. But really, the only times I skip a day would be if I wind up having to stay really late at work. These are so rare, though, since because the classes aren't daily, I can usually just work late on the days I don't have a fitness class instead. It's got to be some kind of emergency for me to miss class due to work or other errands.

I mostly work a desk job but sometimes have to get up and go see the product

PS: I pack my gym bag with me in the morning. Even when I know I'll be 100% slammed at work, I still pack it. I never know when my schedule opens up, or if work is being so stressful and annoying that there's no way in hell I'm giving whomever's being annoying the extra time rather than working out
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I'm usually too exhausted to work out after work, I work a physical job with a 2 hour commute each way via public transport. I leave the house at 6.30am and I'm home after 7pm... so I started getting up at 5am and now I work out then, as well as on my days off. If I had a desk job or less of a commute then I would work out after work.