I need some support in the "Cyber World."

Options
mebedwell1
mebedwell1 Posts: 66 Member
edited October 2015 in Motivation and Support
I am 30 years old and have always been a big girl. I got in a bad marriage and had two kids. This just made me bigger. I ate because I was bored, sad, hurt, and depressed. I got to 500 lbs. I started to try anyway possible to get out of the relationship with my kids. I moved away one day with them. Since then I have been losing weight. In 2011 I had child number 3. I weighed in at 375 pounds. Since then I have I got down to 304 lbs on my own. I just signed up at 24 Hour Fitness and I am doing slim for life.

Replies

• Lu_wallace06
    Lu_wallace06 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    first of well done! thats a huge step getting down to that weight on your own. its a long process but you obviously want to change as you signed up. HUGE thumbs up. i have 3 kids myself so i know how easy it is to comfort eat because they are driving you mad. i also know how maddening it is with all the crap they want to eat!
    the exercise is going to help you massively, especially with the buzz you get after. but it all starts in the kitchen. fruit is a great way to start. replacing the cereals in the morning with eggs. little things can massively affect you during the day. feel free to email me or find me on Facebook. i'd be happy to help and encourage you. but WELL DONE for taking the first step.
  • angiepangiehfx
    angiepangiehfx Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Are you taking any supplements, journaling, etc?
  • T1me4Change2015
    T1me4Change2015 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request ;)
  • MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I sent a friend request ;)

Same here!
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. Awesome job! Sending request:)
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm Nikki, 31, 4 kids btw
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Nice job so far!!! You'll get lots of support here. Like lots of things in life, I've found that the more I give back to people on MFP the more I get. Read the success stories and just keep participating. There isn't s day that goes by that I don't read something on here that motivates me.
  • 19gabriela01
    19gabriela01 Posts: 2,090 Member
    Options
    You are very brave and inspiring. I wish you all the best! ❤❤❤
  • Twixie80
    Twixie80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
  • saitiffeh
    saitiffeh Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Friends request sent!
  • mebedwell1
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Happy to announce that I weighed in at the gym yesterday. The results are that I am now down to 295 pounds. I am so happy to be over the 300 pound mark. I am now back down to what I was when I got married in 2004. I am still wanting to loose more weight. I would like to see the 295 change to 195 with in 12 months, if not sooner. Then we will go from there. :smiley:.
  • thezannypanda
    thezannypanda Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That right there in itself shows how strong you are know that things of the past should not be brought into your tomorrow don't let it define you you can do anything just stay positive!!! :D
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    Update: Down to 292 lbs.
  • last_jennifer
    last_jennifer Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! You are so motivating me!
  • melizabird919
    melizabird919 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats! sounds like you're doing amazing! Sending a friend request.
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    Update: 290 lbs!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Am I reading this right?
    You have lost 14 pounds in 4 days?

Congratulations on your determination.

But please make sure you are eating enough- all the calories MFP recommends for your goal deficit plus at least 50% of your exercise calories.

I do realise this could just be water weight, but such a rapid loss concerns me.

Cheers, h.
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    no it is 14 lbs in 7 days, I don't think that the system is calculating correctly. I started on here at 304 lbs and now am 290 lbs.
  • mebedwell1
    Options
    I eat 1500 calories a day. I have a personal trainer. I lost a lot of water weight. Thanks for looking out for me though.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Oh so relieved that you are eating well and taking good care of yourself.
    You are off to a good start, hope the weight keeps dropping off.

Cheers, h.