Hi

Options
My name is Dawn and I just came across this site because I was looking up a calorie counter. This is my first "REAL" attempt at weight loss. I've told myself and others at least a 100 times that I want to lose weight but that was as far as I went. I am a 35 year old mother of 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. I never seemed to lose the baby weight after my last two girls. Right now I weigh 163 lbs and I would like to get down to120 lbs. I bought an elliptical two days ago to prove how serious I am about wanting to lose weight. I am determined to stay on track and reach my goal weight. I think putting this out there and hopefully getting some feedback will motivate me even more and help me stay positive and on the right path. If anyone has any words of encouragement please feel free to comment. Thanks for stopping.

Replies

• princess_d72
    Options
    My name is Dawn and I just came across this site because I was looking up a calorie counter. This is my first "REAL" attempt at weight loss. I've told myself and others at least a 100 times that I want to lose weight but that was as far as I went. I am a 35 year old mother of 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. I never seemed to lose the baby weight after my last two girls. Right now I weigh 163 lbs and I would like to get down to120 lbs. I bought an elliptical two days ago to prove how serious I am about wanting to lose weight. I am determined to stay on track and reach my goal weight. I think putting this out there and hopefully getting some feedback will motivate me even more and help me stay positive and on the right path. If anyone has any words of encouragement please feel free to comment. Thanks for stopping.
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    This is a great site with a lot of supportive people, I have only been on here for three weeks and have already lost 8lbs!! The message boards are great and the calorie counter is wonderful, really helps you see all the crap we put inour mouths and helps you think twice before "just haveing one more" We are all here for each other so if you ever need anything just give a shout and I'm postive you'll get plenty of responses! WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK!! :smile:
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you. Remeber, the hardest part is getting started. Once you set the routine, it becomes easier to stay in it. You'll find yourself looking forward to the workouts even (at least I do).
  • madiposa
    Options
    :bigsmile: HOLA IM madiposa welcome:smile:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you. Remeber, the hardest part is getting started. Once you set the routine, it becomes easier to stay in it. You'll find yourself looking forward to the workouts even (at least I do).

I agree...stick with the program and soon it'll just become part of your regular life!!! Best of luck to you!
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Lots of really great people here..and lots of support. You can do this.
    Cowboy
  • shana1875
    Options
    Hi Dawn--this is an awesome site. There is much great support here:flowerforyou: . As for being a mom of 4 and not losing the "baby" weight. I know your pain:laugh: I too am a mom of four, 1 girl 17 and 3 boys 13, 12 and 10 (three boys in four years) and have been carrying the boys weight all these years:tongue:
    Any way best of luck to you on your diet and exercise journey and remember if you need to talk, cheer, or gripe about anything we are all here to listen.
    Welcome to the group.