Will I gain or just not lose?

Options
So I'm 5'7 219 and on 1200 calories a day sedentary activity. I'm new so don't jump down my throat please lol anyway it was my two boys bday party today and I ate 1800 calories. Will that make me gain? Or just not lose for today? I don't know what my maintain calories would be or how to figure it out to see if I went over my cico limit or however you figure it

Replies

• ariana_eatsandlifts
    ariana_eatsandlifts Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm calculating your TDEE to be about 2051 using this calculator:

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

So even at 1800 you will still lose, just not as much. I hope you had fun at the party! :)
  • blkandwhite77
    blkandwhite77 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) I wanted to make sure I won't gain back the 1.5 lbs I have "lost" this week (we will see if it says the same on Monday as I think my scale just picks random numbers within a 5lb range lol)
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    You may have some water retention, so don't read in to the scale readings too much for a few days!
  • blkandwhite77
    Options
    Will drinking lots of water help with that? Oh and it was a wonderful birthday party. My boys went to bed happy and spoiled and thinking they were the luckiest kids in the world. Thankfully they are easy to please lol
  • ariana_eatsandlifts
    Options
    Yes, increasing your water intake should help, as well as just giving it time.
  • blkandwhite77
    Options
    U say to the most impatient woman in the world lol I will try :) thank you again
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    So I'm 5'7 219 and on 1200 calories a day sedentary activity. I'm new so don't jump down my throat please lol anyway it was my two boys bday party today and I ate 1800 calories. Will that make me gain? Or just not lose for today? I don't know what my maintain calories would be or how to figure it out to see if I went over my cico limit or however you figure it

NO

It's not even your maintenance level

Calorie defecit across the week is what counts

I think if you're logging properly you could quite easily eat more and still lose

Life always happens, it's learning how to even it out over time that matters

And move more :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Also please appreciate that no human being has a scale weight ...we have a scale weight range because our water weight, particularly as women, constantly fluctuates..mine is around 5lbs

It's because any change up in exercise, sodium, carbs, food in intestinal tract and hormones affect our scale weight

Averaging over 6-8 weeks is where you view weight loss, not week to week or day to day

This is a 3 month track of my weight ...in maintenance ...my calorie logging is spot on ...you'd imagine my weight would stay the same ...it doesn't ...black dots are scale weights

ptujcg7qbdq8.jpg
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    One of the things that makes a weight loss plan sustainable is learning how to deal with stuff like eating out, parties, bad days, office treats, special occasions, and when you just totally blow it. Some things you can plan for, some things take you by surprise. And that's ok. Most of it you learn as you go.