really needing motivation

Options
I am really needing motivation from non judgmental ppl. I try my best to workout but can't get motivated to do it. Ive been very depressed lately. I just wish I can be happy again.

Replies

• monkeymafia
    monkeymafia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do this! You are not alone. Working out is a big struggle. That's why gym memberships don't match town populations. Keep searching, like you are for what is going to work for you. You are unique and sometimes that means the box standard "just do it" isn't enough. Keep up the good fight, and if you need another friend, you can add me :)
  • brianderson01
    brianderson01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Beth I can really sympathize with you as I have the same feelings and can't get motivated to workout. I have been told that once I get into a workout routine it will become almost addictive and it will give me positive energy and I will be happier overall. I, like you need someone to help encourage me to get to the forementioned point in my workout routine. Hopefully this will give you a point of reference to strive for. Wanting to be healthier physically and mentally is the first step. :)
  • jaksnes60
    jaksnes60 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same place! Swearing every day that I would start exercising and every night going to bed feeling miserable and depressed that I didnt do anything. Finally found an app that gave me some very simple exercises and I can plug in just 5 minutes and I DID IT!! Yesterday and today. I feel proud instead of miserable! And I get little medals which makes it like a game . I read that a goal is a dream with a deadline. My dream is to be healthyier and proud that I do something everyday. I know from past successes that I have to keep my eye on my dream and then make a goal ....however small ...each day so I can feel positive instead of miserable.
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I hear that! I've been there, now i have made up my mind to stay on track. You can add me :)
  • brianderson01
    Options
    Well I did not get any exercise today (other than walking at grocery store) even after I downloaded an app that looks to be a big help. I did however get my lunch together for the week, all healthy. NO MORE DORITOS.Tomorrow will be my first workout day. :)
  • CoolCatWV
    CoolCatWV Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well I did not get any exercise today (other than walking at grocery store) even after I downloaded an app that looks to be a big help. I did however get my lunch together for the week, all healthy. NO MORE DORITOS.Tomorrow will be my first workout day. :)
    Way to go, Brain!

And, Beth, here's my motivation for you: I challenge you to try a different workout. If you usually work out at home, go for a walk and stop to look at nature. If you can't get out, start by doing 100 push ups standing up and pushing into the wall. Feel the burn in your biceps. I believe in you!
  • Ali_cat01
    Ali_cat01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    CoolCatWV wrote: »
    And, Beth, here's my motivation for you: I challenge you to try a different workout. If you usually work out at home, go for a walk and stop to look at nature. If you can't get out, start by doing 100 push ups standing up and pushing into the wall. Feel the burn in your biceps. I believe in you!

Those are some fantastic idea's! I've been feeling really down and would want to work out after work but had no umph when that time came. My boss leaves for appointments during the day and I've been going into his office and getting a 20-30min workout in. I feel sooo accomplished and it's helped me to eat better throughout the day! Beth, maybe you can grab a few minutes here or there to get something quick in.

Also, I urged myself to finally complete one of the 30day workout challenges--> I ended up doing a leg/butt challenge and stopped after the month was over. 2 weeks later I saw a change in my physique and that urged me to start back up again. May be an idea too. =)

Feel free to add me Beth; I find that having people to like and post on my updates is quite motivational.
  • brianderson01
    Options
    So I completed my first work out. WOW I am really out of shape. I downloaded an app called SWORKIT and it walked me through a routine, very cool so far. Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Beth this app may help make working out more enjoyable. However this was my first workout with it I will keep you posted on how it goes. Keep it up you can do it!
  • sweetastenderoni
    sweetastenderoni Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tina may I join...
  • yubito2008
    yubito2008 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    eh9r0iforqma.jpeg
    I am really needing motivation from non judgmental ppl. I try my best to workout but can't get motivated to do it. Ive been very depressed lately. I just wish I can be happy again.

• summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Just remember, even though you may not have exercised today or made the best food choices, there is always now. You can always start over and don't feel bad about it! I've started over so many times, but what matters is getting back to it. You got this!