Wii Fit Plus Accuracy??

Options
Anyone have an idea on how accurate the Wii Fit Plus weight counter is? I've noticed that it always gives me the lowest weight. My boyfriends scale and my parents scale are always showing me as at least 5-10lbs heavier when I use them to weigh in. Plus I'm heading to the doctor soon and I can almost promise that I will weigh-in an astronomical amount more than I just did on my Wii Fit.

Thanks for any responses in advance. :happy:

Replies

• Whitneylol
    Whitneylol Posts: 244
    Options
    Mine actually shows me heavier than my scale. That's why I just pick one and go with it! I am always like 10lbs more at the doctor too, what the heck? lol
  • willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and do my WiiFit boby test at the same time. They're usually about the same.
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Mine is usually right on. :D
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My Wii Fit plus is pretty darn accurate (within half a lb of my home scale). i did see though that you can recalibrate your balance board? so that may fit the problem, it was in the settings somewhere. good luck!
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think mine is pretty accurate. Timing, clothing, etc. can affect your weight. I weigh with as little clothing on as possible at home and 1st thing in the morning. I would not dare do that (weigh in undies!) at the doctors (scale is in publicish area) or even my mothers scale. I have had some good results at doctors office and some bad. Who really knows? All you can really do is do your best.

How do your clothes feel? How do you feel?
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I don't use the Wii Fit scale, I use Weight Watchers scale at home.
    If I go down I am happy. :wink:
  • Keri_girl
    Keri_girl Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm not sure of the accuracy of the Wii Fit Plus so sorry my answer is going to be a bit general. What I do know is that every scale will read your weight differently and it also depends on the time of day that you are weighing yourself plus what you are wearing at the time you weigh in. I refuse to let my doctor weigh me because I'm always dressed when they do and that adds pounds! I weigh myself on my own scale that I use consistently and give them me weight when they ask. My suggestion is to only use the Wii Fit as a general guide but stick to 1 scale when doing your weigh-ins. You will get a more reliable weight that way. Oh also make sure you weigh yourself at the same time of day for even more accuracy.
  • wlrbaker
    wlrbaker Posts: 2
    Options
    I Love Love Love my wii weight. It weighs me at my goal weight already. So No I don't think it is accurate at all.
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I only workout on my Wii but I never use their scale as the number to go by, even bought a HRM watch to make sure I'm logging my information accurately. I always try to weigh myself at the same time each morning, in my bday suit, before I shower or eat, etc. That way I'm getting the most accurate information. Try not to use so many different scales, if possible. Stick to the one that you have access to at all times, that way you know ur getting the best results.
  • JBRENTLINGER
    JBRENTLINGER Posts: 160
    Options
    My Wii Fit Scale is always within 1lb of my fancy $90 scale I got that does BMI and Body Fat %.
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    The Wii Fit scale is higher than the normal scale I use. Also, when I weigh in on the Wii Active scale its usually a 2 lbs difference than Wii Fit. Just be consistant.
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My wii fit shows I'm slightly lighter than I should be. I think it's about 5lbs out.

But not only will your weight change depending on time of day and what you're wearing, but it can also change depending on where you place the scale. Always place the scale in the same spot.

I don't care so much about the absolute value my wii fit gives me, I'm just hoping to see the numbers go down! I'm care about the difference between weigh ins more.