Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How much should one lose before being a success story?

Hi, just wondering how much a person should lose before being considered a success story? I guess it depends on the person but every time I hit a milestone, I automatically want to lose more...I've lost 22 pounds.

Replies

• Splutters
    Splutters Posts: 16 Member
    Anything towards your goal is a success story. If you're doing it and you feel good and you're happy, even if you've only lost a pound or so, that's success in my eyes.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Success story to me! You look great and its a clear difference from your profile pic.
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Losing weight, losing inches, maintaining, and even gaining weight are all successes when those are your goals. I agree with Splutters!

Congratulations on meeting your goal, and then making another. There is always something to work toward.
  • Erinsmiles2015
    Erinsmiles2015 Posts: 37 Member
    Thanks all. My sw was 180 now I'm 157.8 for my goal weight I'd like to be 130...but I'm putting my Gw 10 pounds at a time so I don't get discouraged
  • Erinsmiles2015
    Erinsmiles2015 Posts: 37 Member
    Baby steps!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    There is no set rule for this. Whatever you consider to be a success can be posted as a success story.
    I still haven't made a "success" thread, but I've made several of what I call progress threads. I post pictures and sometimes write about the progress I've made. Some I will add what my future goals are.
    I say celebrate all accomplished goals. Every step that gets you closer to your goal is a victory in my book. If you want to share your victories, no matter how small they may seem, then do it. Most of the people here will congratulate and celebrate with you.
  • William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    Think any sign of progress is success and you only keep adding onto that success from then on.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!