Hitting A Major Goal

Options
After being diagnosed with Type II Diabetes at the end of this past February, I knew two things; 1) I had to work on getting my blood glucose levels down, and 2) get the weight off.

The Type II is doing well, and I've reached one of my major weight (although not ultimate) goals two days ago. Back in February, I was 257 lbs. As of 2 days ago, I had dropped to 232. And 'ya better believe I'm darned happy about it!

This morning after stepping on the scale, I saw that I'd dropped down 2 more to 230. That's good; but not good enough. One more pound it will take to hit a minor goal of being in the 220's, and not having to see the scale start off with a reading of 23_.

May ultimate goal is admittedly nowhere near what my 'ideal' weight is supposed to be. My ultimate goad will be 199. What that uneven figure? Simple. It's because I don't ever wish to see the scale start with a reading of 2__ again for as long as I live. That to me, is a goal I can be exceedingly happy and live with!

Replies

• misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    199 is a big deal here...we call it ONEderland :) keep it up and you will be there in no time.
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait to see the Onederland myself!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far. Just a suggestion though, perhaps you should make your goal be 190 or something like that because on a day to day basis weight fluxes 2-5 lbs and I'd hate for you to get on a scale and see 203 and have a feeling of dread when in actuality you've not put on any fat, per se.
    Just a thought.
    Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • racenews
    racenews Posts: 13
    Options
    I look at this this way. It beats the living heck out of the 400 lbs. I weight two decades ago before having a gastric bypass! I guess I should shoot for the low 190's (still not my ideal weight). But taking everything under consideration, if I hit 199, man will I be jumping up and down (without the entire house shaking!).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!