Starting over.

Options
I was a member 3 years ago, got frustrated and quit, and now, 20 pounds heavier, I decided I need to come back and try again. I have about 50 pounds to lose. Ready to do it this time!

Replies

• MrsCaitlinBeltran
    MrsCaitlinBeltran Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Good luck on reaching your goal!
  • renehallen
    renehallen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • rhawfax1986
    rhawfax1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i'm starting over too...good luck...you can do it!
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    great decision. What were you frustrated about?
  • renehallen
    renehallen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just couldn't stay with the program. Didn't have the discipline. But now I have been feeling so lousy with the extra 50 pounds I am carrying (I am 5'2"), and I'm starting to have some health issues related to the extra weight.
  • SierraGolf223
    SierraGolf223 Posts: 7 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Starting over again here too. Lost 25lbs last time I was here a few years ago. Gained it all bavk and then some. Earlier this month, just finally realized I've had enough. Back and ready to lose. We can do this!
  • Lu_wallace06
    Lu_wallace06 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • kimlab3
    kimlab3 Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Trying this again, for the 10th time (it seems). Need to lose the baby weight and she's 4!! :-) Feel free to add me!
  • kembry105
    kembry105 Posts: 16 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I am in a similar situation... I have been a member since 2012 I believe... Started out in March 2012 at 187... I know to some that doesn't sound like much but I'm 5ft tall... Anyways started eating right and started losing weight and everything was going great... Got a Fitbit in 2014 and started walking. By January 2015 I weighed 118 and started my gym membership. I was happy where I was. But by April 2015 I slowly got out of logging and then going to the gym. I guess I got comfortable and lost focus. But once I noticed, I thought I needed a fresh start by creating a new mfp name and focusing on me. Problem was my appetite was still like I was going to the gym... Anyways now 10 months later I've gained 21 lbs weighing in at 139. That's a 2 lbs gain a month and I gotta get control! I really need someone to make me accountable again... I'm desperate for some friends to motivate me!!
  • oofdieblunk
    oofdieblunk Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. The last several attempts have been epic failures!! I will motivate you and you motivate me!
  • William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Some advice: Stop giving up. Stop letting yourself fail. Learn from your mistakes. Accept when something isn't working and find a new plan but don't give up completely. Be honest with yourself. Stop trying to reason with bad decisions when it comes to food. Don't say "Oh, I'll work it off" No. Cut it out. Ask yourself why you're doing this and put in the effort required. If all else fails, you simply don't want it bad enough.