NEW Food of the week/month

Options
One of the other threads insipred this....

What is a new food that you've tried this week/month that you just LOVE? List one or twenty...it's great to share wonderful products with others who have a similar goal!

Wheat Thins 100% Whole Grain (yummy and filing)

Replies

• ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    One of the other threads insipred this....

What is a new food that you've tried this week/month that you just LOVE? List one or twenty...it's great to share wonderful products with others who have a similar goal!

Wheat Thins 100% Whole Grain (yummy and filing)
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    well this is sort of new for me - fresh baby spinach.
    I have ate it on salads before but I am finding lots of uses for it. I even cook some in my scrambled eggs this morning to my dks disgust and found it very good!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Egg beaters/southwestern.
    I have thought about trying it many many times but always decided against it. I finally tried it and dang if they are good!!!!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow Cheese. :love:

Another member on here introduced me to it. I love the Light French Onion with Wheat Thins Fiber Selects.

I refer to it as the ":laugh: moo" cheese.

:wink:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Oh good, I was thinking about starting a thread like this because this morning I had pancakes made with Fiber One pancake mix and they were very yummy! Three pancakes have 160 calories and 5 g of fiber.... pretty good! Another thing I have been using lately is Smucker's reduced sugar strawberry fruit spread (in a squeeze bottle) ... a tablespoon only has 20 calories and it doesn't have any artificial sweeteners (which I don't like much).
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    Options
    I did not want to go grocery shopping so I did this instead...

Took chicken breast and cubed them to bite size, put them in a skillet with some chopped onions, little olive oil, 1/2 cup corn (frozen or canned) and some cipoltle salt free seasoning. Cooked it up. For the kids I put it on a tortilla with some cheese and make a burrito with toppings...for me I put it on a bed of romaine lettuce and used salsa with only about enough light sour cream to make the salsa creamy looking, and used that as a dressing. It was sooo good. I'm addicted!!!!

Anyway, I used no salt, so the only sodium is what is already in the ingredients. And the calories came to only 310 when I logged it all in.
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    my new favorite treat is 1 tsp all natural peanut putter with a drop of sugar free chocolate fudge on top...only about 60 calories!!!!totally satisfies my sweet tooth!!! yum yum:tongue::drinker:
  • melissa91971
    Options
    My low fat low cal version of GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE:

1 can of green beans
    1/2 can of 98% fat free cream of chicken condensed soup
    1 tablespoon skim milk
    onion salt and pepper (to taste)

this version has no fried onion (or regular but you could add un-fried)
    the onion salt gives it the added onion flavor without the calories!

I was craving this after missing out on it for Christmas.

My version only has 160 calories! And that's if you eat the whole thing if you ate only half you'd have a heaping side and 80 calories!!

If you try it let me PM me and let me know what you think!

~Mel
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Quinoa. Ok I tried it over a month ago but I still think it's great! It's a whole grain that's a good source of protein and fiber. It makes a quick and easy side dish. I love it with stir fry instead of rice.

Ancient Harvest Quinoa
    Organic Whole Grain

Traditional Inca Red & Black

Serving Size: Serving Size:
    1/4 cup dry (42g) 1/4 cup dry (42g)
    Nutrition Facts: Nutrition Facts:
    Calories 172 Calories 163
    Calories from Fat 25 Calories from Fat 23
    Total Fat 2.8g Total Fat 3g
    Saturated Fat 0g Saturated Fat 0g
    Trans Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg Cholesterol 0mg
    Sodium 1mg Sodium 5mg
    Carbohydrate 31g Carbohydrate 29g
    Dietary Fiber 3g Dietary Fiber 4g
    Sugars 3g Sugars 5g
    Protein 6g Protein 6g

Glycemic Index: 35
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Pepperidge Farm Wheat Crisps...
  • missmez
    missmez Posts: 104
    Options
    I'm enjoying the Curves chewy granola bars. I eat them as my morning snack at work. There's 100 calories, 4 grams of fibre and only 9 grams of sugar (I heard a while ago from an expert that you should aim for less than 10 grams of sugar per serving of whatever you're eating). And they're YUMMY!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Kraft light peanut butter spooned on a banana, bite after bite....mmmmmmmm. My favorite treat.:happy: :happy: