Diamonds in the Rough 7 Week Challenge: Round 2 [Week 6]

Options

Replies

• morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    QOTD - Wednesday June 8: Which one part of your body do you like the most... and which one part do you wish you could change the most?

Hands down, I want to change my tummy the most. I love my thighs because I have a curvy body shape.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    QOTD - Wednesday June 8: Which one part of your body do you like the most... and which one part do you wish you could change the most?

I kind of love my bewbs. They're pretty great. I want to change my arms. My arms look like thighs:(
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options

Tough one...I think I like my wrists the most. They are slender and can look elegant. Also I use to love my neck and am beginning to again now that is not hiding behind two chins. It is a toss-up between my thighs and stomach for the latter.
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY JUNE 9th QUESTION OF THE DAY. What music is on your playlist for your work outs?
  • momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    QOTD Thursday response..... I have some Keri Hilson, Kanye, Usher, K'Naan, Old school, Jazmine Sullivan, Jill Scott, Aerosmith, Smokie Norfol, Ledesi, Gyptian, Damian Marley, Barrington Levy. I could go on. I just make sure that I have at 3 hours for those long days at the gym.
  • TrimmingTracie
    Options
    QOTD for June 8th: Body part to change, my skin. I have major skin issues like adult psoriasis and acne. Body Part I like the most, ummm, I have to say head..the face, hair and teeth all of it.

QOTD for June 9th: Playlists, I don't have a dedicated playlist, I use Pandora Radio.
  • TrimmingTracie
    Options
    QUESTION OF THE DAY FOR TUESDAY, JUNE 7TH
    How have you noticed your weightloss/fitness plan affecting your overall health?

YES! My knees don't hurt anymore which alarmed me because my mothe had the same problem and I watched her suffer. Secondly, I don't wake up with numb fingers/hands all the way to my elbows anymore which was the scariest. It feels like my heart isn't working as hard anymore when I am walking.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY JUNE 9th QUESTION OF THE DAY. What music is on your playlist for your work outs?

My Pandora playlist has a lot of Missy Elliott (she is always talking about getting hot, or working it out... which I love), Lady Gaga, and Lil Wayne. The funny thing is, that is not the music I would choose to listen to ordinarily, but when I'm sweating my butt off I want to hear music that sounds like they could be sweating theirs off too!

When I'm not working out I'm much more soul, jazz, funk, r&b ish. Erykah Badu is my fav.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options

I don't have a playlist dedicated for workouts - just shuffle through my ipod. Eclectic mix - Meatloaf, Queen, Aerosmith, Glee Cast, Taylor Swift, OneRepublic, Nickelback, Daughtry, U2, Secondhand Serenade, Billy Joel, Toby Keith, John Denver, Jason Derulo, Guns n Roses, to name a few...
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options

I love to workout to hip hop because it gets me moving. Right now I have some Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Jeremiah, Kanye West, Drake.
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options

It is really all over the place, everything from Cheap Trick to Will Smith to Ke$ha. LOL
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Hmm...I would have to say I like my mouth or my lips the best - I always had very chapped lips and cold sores - even when I was really young, and in the last couple years they have gone away! My lips are not too thin nor too plump....which part do I wish to I could change, honestly, almost everything else! But if I had to choose one part, I would say my breasts. I am small chested, but have a huge ribcage....so I have a really hard time finding bras big enough to go around, but small enough cup size. No matter how much weight I have gained, I never gain in the boobs....but I don't lose there either, so I guess I can't complain too much

I don't have a playlist....I work out to whatever is the on the DVD, or go outdoors walking with my family. I actually don't even own an Ipod or anything like that.....
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

If I'm walking, I usually put my ipod Top 25 which includes songs from Wicked, and Evita as well as Straight No Chaser and some country. When I'm running, I usually either listen to Billy Idol, or my running playlist that has everything from Beatles to Van Halen to Avril Lavign.
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tue 6/7
    How have you noticed your weightloss/fitness plan affecting your overall health?

Back in the day, I would be pooped when I got out of work, and need to take a nap. This still happens every once in a blue moon (like yesterday because I didn't sleep well the night before), but it happens a LOT less than it used to.

Another thing is that I don't get as winded when I exercise (walking, arc trainer, etc.). I used to breathe heavier when I would take walks with my co-workers during lunch, but that doesn't happen anymore. When I used to go biking with my fiance, I used to get winded (pretty flat trail), but now that doesn't happen, and I can go a lot farther than I used to.
  • baypathgradLyns
    Options

I don't know if this would really count, but I love my eyes the most, because they are multi-colored.

What to change? I am torn between my mid-section and my thunder thighs lol
  • baypathgradLyns
    Options

Well, I have a limited playlist, as I downloaded all this music on my uncle's computer (I don't have my own) and then his computer died before I could get it all on my ipod. Thankfully, Apple is going to let me re-download my purchase history

Anyways, as of now I have a little of everything (I think I have MAYBE 20 songs on there): Rihanna, Brittney Spears, J Lo, Black Eyed Peas, among a few others
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I love to workout to hip hop because it gets me moving. Right now I have some Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne, Jeremiah, Kanye West, Drake.

That's mine too, plus some gospel to get me through the really hard workouts, and Beyonce, cause I love her.
  • bballgrrl34
    bballgrrl34 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hope people are having a great week. It has been tough, but i am trying to stay focused before my cruise.

QOTD Tuesday: I don't know how it has effected my overall health. I need to go to the doctor and have things checked out. I am less tired I guess.

QOTD Wednesday: I would say my favorite part of my body are my legs. They are thick, but defined and muscular. The ONE part I would change would be my stomach. I just can't seem to get rid of my gut, and I know it is because of what I eat and not the exercise. I have other parts, but that is the main one.

QOTD Thursday: Lil' wayne, Trey Songz, Drake, Ludacris, Rihanna, Kanye, Jay-Z, Adele, and it a pretty wide array.
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Sorry been rubbish this week on answering questions, our PC has been out of action so I have been concentrating on logging calories.

QUESTION OF THE DAY FOR TUESDAY, JUNE 7TH

I think I definately have loads more energy and strength. I had pelvic instability during pregnancy and it left me very weak and unable to stand on one leg to put clothes on and unable to walk very far. Since loosing weight and working on my core muscles, I am almost back to normal.

It has to be eyes for me, I get lots of compliments about them as they are three different colours and a little like David Bowie's.
    At the moment I completely hate my stomach. It has become much more toned since doing the 30 day shred, but I have a disgusting mummy tummy covered in stretch marks which I would be happy to say goodbye to!

Currently I listen to the radio at the gym as I haven't updated my ipod for ages. However I think it would have to be upbeat dance tracks from groups like The Prodigy, Underworld, Pendulum etc, any sort of drum and bass.... anything high energy. I used to listen to a CD called 'Too many DJs' which was little samples of tracks mixed together, each workout I would try to get a little bit further through the mix.... great motivator.
  • WillWorkout4Food
    WillWorkout4Food Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Great question!

My top 10 songs:

1) Timberlake(feat. Justin Timberlake): Carry Out
    2) Madonna: Revolver
    3) Stevie Wonder: Living for the City
    4) Jamiroquai: Loves Foolsplay
    5) Kelly Rowland (Freemason mix): Work
    6) Kelly Rowland (feat. Lil Wayne): Motivation
    7) Jamiroquai: Runaway
    8) Babyface (feat. Pharrel): There She Goes
    9) Rusko (feat. Amber Coffman): Hold On
    10) Bastien Laya (Wendal Kos Edit): Restlesness