Weight loss and breastfeeding

Options
Help me please!

Replies

• mudkippeh
    mudkippeh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm actually looking for a fitness encouragement buddy. My little one is going on three months and we are breastfeeding, so dieting is limited. Just looking to make exercise and dietary goals. Add if you would like some help with the same!
  • Abbycadaby1
    Abbycadaby1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, not sure how to add as yet. Yes we can motivate each other!
  • lovechattys
    lovechattys Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Just don't make your deficit to large. I don't know how much you have to loose, but I would aim for 1/2 to 1 lb at most. And try to make your choices healthy to fuel you and the baby. I breast fed all three of my children for at least a year, so I understand that you want to insure the baby is getting enough nutrition. Perhaps talk to your doctor for input.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend :) I am close to my goal with breastfeeding my 5 month old. Depending on your activity level and weight most recommend a diet no less then 1800. I have never had a supply issue bit I also pump twice a day which helps keep supply up plus burn more calories ;) this is my second time losing while breastfeeding. I had my first baby 2 years ago and got in the best shape of my life..while breastfeeding. So keep breastfeeding, some people find it hard to lose especially those last few pounds because breastfeeding causes you to keep a reserve. Remember slow and steady. Good job breastfeeding!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Keep a really close eye on baby's diaper output. That will tell you if you've cut too many calories. For me personally, I'm losing on 2300-2500 calories per day and no detriment to my son's nutrition. Going on 8 months of breastfeeding now! Counting calories for the past month or so.
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Keep a really close eye on baby's diaper output. That will tell you if you've cut too many calories. For me personally, I'm losing on 2300-2500 calories per day and no detriment to my son's nutrition. Going on 8 months of breastfeeding now! Counting calories for the past month or so.

Are you very active on top of nursing as well? I'm nursing and pumping for my 8 week old and am trying to find that calorie level that helps me lose but keeps up supply...
  • Abbycadaby1
    Abbycadaby1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had to stop working because all my 4 month does is breastfeed and wouldn't take a bottle!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    aspen1377 wrote: »
    sarahthes wrote: »

Are you very active on top of nursing as well? I'm nursing and pumping for my 8 week old and am trying to find that calorie level that helps me lose but keeps up supply...

I am pretty active most days--through sheer determination. I'm also quite obese which means that at least right now I get a good deficit even while eating a lot.