Best Brand of Yoga Pants (not see through)

Options
Long Story Short:
Ladies, what are some good brands to buy yoga pants/workout pants/shorts? I would like ones that are not see through when I bend/squat.

The Long Story:
Alright, so it is time that I invest in a few new pairs of workout pants/shorts. When going to the gym, I used to wear my yoga-like pants, until one day my husband saw me bending over and saw right through them! I had been wearing those pants to workout for a while! Needless to say, I have not worn them again. Do you know of any specific brands that sell yoga pants that are not see through?

Thanks!

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    no, each pant should go thru a squat test in the dressing room. I've had luck with Kohl's active wear and some of Champion, but all pants should be tested first

as a yoga teacher, seeing people wearing all different brands. test all pants
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    For working out, I like Nike Pro capris. They're tight, stay in place, and are not see through (though I'd stick to black, lighter colors can be dicey). I like Under Armour for longer running pants/tights, but in general have been happier with Nike so might switch.

For actual yoga pants, that I pretty much only wear for yoga or lounging around the house, Victoria's Secret are my favorite. I don't work out in them though.
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Victoria's Secret yoga pants are great and I really love the Fabletics pants/capris for yoga or the gym. They're thick enough to keep you covered but still thin enough to be comfortable doing any kind of activity.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I wear Marika. I have them in capris and full length pants. I found all of mine at Marshalls/TJ Maxx for under $20, but I've also seen them frequently on Zulilly. I have full thighs, so a fair amount of chafing, and they've gone through the wash dozens of times, and they are still holding up like new.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I get the Xersion fitted brand from JC Penney. I wear mostly black.
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yoga pants or compression pants? I like compression pants from old navy, you can always find them on sale and they're not see through. Also, aeropostale has good compression pants for cheap. For 20 dollars I got a pair last weekend. Anyway, i stay away from that cotton, polyester fabric on heavy workout days. My sweat always seems to be visible in the worst places.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Old Navy does have great compression pants. I use yoga pants for weight lifting and have found the capri length Kirkland brand that Costco carries to be excellent. They are thick enough to be concealing and I have no problems with them bunching or riding while I'm lifting.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i like Zella
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the answers! I ended up driving up to our local TJMaxx and got three pairs of the RBX brand. I am really liking them so far! I also bought some under Armour hipsters as well.
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This is gonna sound so weird, but I really like Walmart's danceskin fitted pro active leggings. Comfy, hiden pocket for cards, and definitely not see through. I have a couple colors and I love them.
  • rdlewis123
    rdlewis123 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Ditto on Walmart danskin!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Target and costco are my go tos.
  • LowCoffinLucifie
    LowCoffinLucifie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I actually use the danskin walmart brand and it is perfect for me. Cheap too so I can get variety.
  • fi_b
    fi_b Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think Lorna Jane is only just breaking into the US market, but they are the best - and they last!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    If you wanna splurge, lululemon really is top notch... their fit is amazing, quality is great and super comfortable
  • katushka37
    katushka37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I 2nd Lululemon! I have two pairs and they both passed the see-through test. Adidas and Lorna Jane are also pretty good.
  • nmason4348
    nmason4348 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I 3rd lol lululemon they WILL never let you down and are worth every penny! The Zone yoga pant is awesome for yoga. But all of the pants are well made really.

Nike is also great. And athleta also great!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I have seen too many yoga students under things while wearing lululemon. way too many. and sometimes no underthings. *shiver*
  • gregsrappel
    gregsrappel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Now what are out there for men. I do bikrams 5 days a week. I just wear my surf shorts because I seen a couple of the guys wearing the tight ones. It's not a pretty sight. Surf shorts kind of grab you. My studio only sells women's wear.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Now what are out there for men. I do bikrams 5 days a week. I just wear my surf shorts because I seen a couple of the guys wearing the tight ones. It's not a pretty sight. Surf shorts kind of grab you. My studio only sells women's wear.

I wear a thigh-length speedo (basically, biking shorts without the chamois) with a pair of running shorts over the top. Haven't had any problems with "grabbing".