Luna bars...good or bad?

Options
I recently have fallen in love with luna bars! They were on sale at Dillons, so I decided to grab a few to try out. I haven't had all the flavors yet, but I love the texture. Anyways, I was just wondering on what everyone's thoughts were on them? They really seem to help with my sugar cravings too, since they're kind of sweet. The last couple of days I've taken one to work and had it for lunch with 1-2 servings of fruit. I don't like or really have time for cooking, and I'm a vegetarian, so I can't just make a turkey sandwich or something. I'm also not eating more than one per day. Just wanting other people's thoughts on them :smile:

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Bought a box yesterday. :)
  • LyndseyMcKnight7
    Options
    I LOVE them. I usually eat 3-4 a week! I don't think they are harmful at all, and like you said, they help with the sugar cravings!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I have one for breakfast occasionally. I usually get the protein bars because I'm trying to add a little more protein into my diet.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    you should be ok, they look pretty solid and not overtly caloric. I don't eat them but i looked at the nutritional info on some of them on the website http://lunabar.com/
    I know what you mean about lunch, i'm lucky i can buy a veggie burger at work when i don't have time to make something to bring.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat a real candy bar.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I just tried them and they aren't too bad. They just might be my mid-afternoon snack.
  • Christiane81
    Options
    the lemon and the white chocolate macadamia nut bars are the best....they are great before a workout and they do not have the usual unhealthy crap that a normal granola bar has.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    my nutritionist recommended them to me as a quick breakfast or mid afternoon snack!

i love the iced oatmeal raisin. the others are soooo sweet.
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet, but reading all of these posts makes me want one...lol
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat a real candy bar.

Wouldnt everyone in the world rather have a real candy bar?? We are trying to be better... make substitutions where we can... :noway:
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love them, I have one for breakfast with my morning coffee or I will have one after my workout at the gym!!
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Some people choose to have real candy bars when they can instead of getting Luna bars...It's not a big deal, no need to be snobby...

PS I love Luna Bars. Try the peppermint or the rasberry
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Some people choose to have real candy bars when they can instead of getting Luna bars...It's not a big deal, no need to be snobby...

Posts like this are snobby btw (SHE DIDNT ASK IF YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE A REAL CANDY BAR!)
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I LOVE them! I really like the cookie dough protein ones. Its seriously a bar of cookie dough covered in chocolate...mmmmm
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Luna bars are amazing! I dont eat them all the time, but I have found that they help me tremendously when I have a craving for sweets. I keep a box of the Luna Minis at my office for those 3pm snack cravings!
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Luna bar...10-12 grams of sugar per serving

3 Musketeers...40 grams of sugar per seving

Hmmmm...gee wonder which one wins there..:wink:
  • SenoraMacias
    SenoraMacias Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Bahahahahah I love you Kate!!!!!!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    I eat 1-2 a week. My favorites are the peppermint and caramel nut brownie. They are a great mid-morning snack for me! Highly recommend them, but obviously in moderation :)
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I just started eating them after my saturday bike rides. I think they are okay in moderation. I generally like to eat food with more protein and fiber than sugar, but for what they are, I think they are a good solution.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I didn't see the protein ones when I bought these, but would like to try them. Do they taste as good as the regular Luna bars? I know a lot of protein bars tend to have a really weird after taste. BTW I just had the peanut butter cookie one and it was delicious! I'll have to try the peppermint one too; it sounds really good!