how much does the scale go up for TOM?

Options
I have a really bad TOM. It is rough the week before and then during I been really active on here since march 31st and I want to keep it up. So hoping my TOM doesn't throw me off track (cravings ect)

I'm just wondering what should I expect?

also does anyone use pamperin.. does it work with bloating and cramping?

Replies

• yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Usually the scale can go up to 2-3 pounds. It suck, right now I am praying for it to come....not because I am scare of being pregnant but because I can't wait to have the water weight gone!! I am miserable
  • carolinenp
    carolinenp Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I got my on Monday and it went up 4lbs over night. It was really frustrating because that was my weight in day. The next day it was down though.
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I usually gain 3-5 lbs... Stupid stupid TOM!!
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    for me it's usually 3 pounds up, and then it goes down again afterwards. I never lose when TOM comes along, and it sucks.. a whole week with no results. The week after TOM I'm back down to where I started. I'm sure all of us are different though.
  • JennMuc
    JennMuc Posts: 70
    Options
    I usually go up about 2 lbs or so but it comes right back off once it's gone....And as far as meds, I like midol much better than pamperin. I tried pamperin and it did nothing (not even help cramps)...midol is my wonder drug!
  • mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Thanks.... yeah I start the 20th.. I'll just try not to let it bother me and stick with my calories ect.
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    I usually go up about 2 lbs or so but it comes right back off once it's gone....And as far as meds, I like midol much better than pamperin. I tried pamperin and it did nothing (not even help cramps)...midol is my wonder drug!

thanks I'[l try midol.
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    If you really hate the water weight, cramps and general TOM stuff- I got a new birth control 99.99% effective- more effective than tying your tubes it is called IMPLANON and it goes in your arm, it is a rod like norplant but works so well and I don't ever even get my period anymore, no water weight, no bloating, scale is always the same no matter when in the month, no cramps, no breakouts. I love it.
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It can usually go up by 2-6 lbs... In my experience, if you stick to high protein diet, it will surely help you knock off those pounds within few days after TOM. I have been through experimenting a lot on this and drinking loads of water and high protein diet really helps.

Wish you all the best !
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options

its cool if I go back to where I started...but if i eat right and exercise I won't lose anymore from that?
  • Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    It all depends on the person. I have been known to go up anywhere between 3-5 lbs, but it usually comes right back off afterwards
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Usually I will stop losing wt about 3 days before I'm due. Then I will gain 1.5-3lbs between then and the first day or two. Then, so I don't go crazy I stop weighing myself till the day after I'm done. It's all usually gone by then. If not it will come off that next week along with actual wt loss, but it's really hard not to get discouraged. I only use Ibuprophen if I really need it so not sure about other products effectiveness. I've found that the less carbs I eat right before I start the less back pain I experience. (easier said then done right.....I mean what do you crave besides carbs?) :laugh: I focus a lot on keeping my protein intake up and also my water intake up. This helps a lot with the cravings and water retention. Also watch your sodium close as it will add to your water retention. Hope this helps....good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • realgirl9892
    Options
    Yeah mine is up a couple pounds. for most people it is about 2-5
  • realgirl9892
    Options
    Yeah mine is up a couple pounds. for most people it is about 2-5
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    If you really hate the water weight, cramps and general TOM stuff- I got a new birth control 99.99% effective- more effective than tying your tubes it is called IMPLANON and it goes in your arm, it is a rod like norplant but works so well and I don't ever even get my period anymore, no water weight, no bloating, scale is always the same no matter when in the month, no cramps, no breakouts. I love it.

too late.. my tubes are tied/burnt
  • Amandamccl
    Amandamccl Posts: 380
    Options
    I have inregluar tom which tom stay with me for a little over a week which I gain 10 lbs but I always lose it plus more
  • mommyoftwins05
    Options
    Usually I will stop losing wt about 3 days before I'm due. Then I will gain 1.5-3lbs between then and the first day or two. Then, so I don't go crazy I stop weighing myself till the day after I'm done. It's all usually gone by then. If not it will come off that next week along with actual wt loss, but it's really hard not to get discouraged. I only use Ibuprophen if I really need it so not sure about other products effectiveness. I've found that the less carbs I eat right before I start the less back pain I experience. (easier said then done right.....I mean what do you crave besides carbs?) :laugh: I focus a lot on keeping my protein intake up and also my water intake up. This helps a lot with the cravings and water retention. Also watch your sodium close as it will add to your water retention. Hope this helps....good luck. :flowerforyou:

I crave chocolate big time (I'm a huge chocoholic) but its worse during TOM. Also greasy foods like french fries and pizza.. chips... thanks
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    My scale goes down. Soon as TOM is over, bounces right back up. I don't take anything for bloating/cramping. Actually, I went running the day after it started this last time. Thought it would be painful, but it wasn't, at all.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Mine are pretty bad, I expected a big gain this week...but I've lost 3lbs so I'm not sure.... I've heard it can add several pounds because you're so bloated

I usually crave chocolate so Special K Chocolatey Delight has been my snack friend the past few days lol