The Social Element of Weight Loss

Options
I thrive on relationships and social interactions. When I think of my weight, it's just just a data point. I think of it in terms of social impact. Do people see me as fat? Undisciplined? Careless? Stupid? How does that imact how I view myself? I think that's why encouragement means so much to me when it comes to motivation in losing weight. This time around it's important for me to delve a bit deeper in the MFP community, build a few good friendships, and integrate that social aspect into my weight loss journey.

If you feel similar, and would like to make an effort to write messages and "dig a bit deeper" on the social side of weight loss, either add yourself below (inviting all to add you), or send me a DM and add me as a friend!

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I love yapping away!!! Add me if you like :)
  • ahartmeyer
    ahartmeyer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel the exact same way. I wonder if people look at me and say "she's so fat." I hate going out in public because of how I feel about my weight.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the MFP ...you are more than welcome to add me ....wishing you much happiness and success :)
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I love a good yarn and like to support and encourage others on this journey. Feel free to add me.
  • CampLondon
    CampLondon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can join my Super bowl weight L challenge it is nearly halfway through.