FINALLY broke through my plateau

Options
Hey MFP!

I started my weight loss journey with Weight Watchers in March of 2010. By the beginning of September 2010, I reached my goal weight. I maintained the weight for a few months until I decided I wanted to lose another 5 or 10 lbs but was unable to do it. I just stayed at the same weight, going up 2 lbs, losing 2 lbs, etc. At the same time, WW started a new program that just didn't work for me at all so I cancelled my membership and found MFP.

I have loved the support, advice and information I see on the boards. I have finally broken my plateau and I am feeling great. I love that with MFP, I can see the calories I burned and the calories I get back from exercising whereas WW just gave you "activity points" These AP's didn't really help me learn a "healthy lifestyle"

Finally, I was able to break my plateau by adjusting my eating habits. I looked at my diary and realized I wasn't eating right. I found this meal guide in a magazine and took some snack and meal ideas and I tried and found it has worked for me and I love it!

Now in the morning, I make myself a smoothie.
Strawberries, Banana, fat free vanilla yogurt and a 1/2 cup of 1% milk. Then for my snack I have 20 almonds with some type of fruit or baby carrots, cucumber and a few baby tomatoes every once in a while.

Then I've been eating a delicious salad with fat free or light dressing, a few almonds, 1 light babybel cheese cut up into pieces and loaded with veggies for lunch.

Dinner always changes but I make sure to watch my portions and make healthy decisions.

I've also been doing a lot of bike riding outside, enjoying the warm weather and I've started playing baseball in a co-ed league!

If I can break my plateau, so can you! Just take note of what your habits are right now while you're stuck in your plateau and try something different, for at least a week and see how it works for you.

I have 4 more pounds until I get to my next goal weight. Here's to hoping I don't get stuck in another plateau!

Replies

• SassieSarah
    Options
    So good to hear! I have been stuck at a plateau for basically a year, but with MFP I have lost 3 lbs. I really hope I'm on my way towards my goalweight! Thanks for the inspiration:)