Getting closer to goal, progress since beginning of march 2015

Options
2»

Replies

• jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    That is great! - I would have liked to see more progress pictures but I can understand why you do not have them - I am reluctant to take them myself.

Was running your only exercise and at what point did you start feeling slim? - I am 5'11' and have dropped 50 pounds from 254 but still have a belly whereas yours is flat :)
  • MarietjieHoward
    MarietjieHoward Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! you look amazing
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Do people even recognize you?? :o
    How much weight did you lose before people started thinking twice before calling your name or people didn't even recognize you anymore. What's been your experience after your amazing transformation?
  • bhokanson2015
    bhokanson2015 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You did that in 6 months?!

Yes, well just over 6 months :)
  • bhokanson2015
    Options
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    That is great! - I would have liked to see more progress pictures but I can understand why you do not have them - I am reluctant to take them myself.

Was running your only exercise and at what point did you start feeling slim? - I am 5'11' and have dropped 50 pounds from 254 but still have a belly whereas yours is flat :)

Running hasn't been my only exercise, its the hardest exercise I do, but prior to running I was strictly walking. Walking a lot actually, in the past 6 and a half months there has only been a handful of days that I didn't get my 10,000 steps in a day, most days in that time have been closer to 20,000 steps a day.. I started running actually because a good friend here on myfitnesspal reached out to me and encouraged me to start running, and I am ever so grateful that happened, I really enjoy running and how it makes me feel

I also have been using the 7 minute workout app on my iPhone on days that I don't run

As for when I started feeling slim, I don't know its really only been recently that I have had any notion that I am "slim" people tell me I am, but thats different than feeling that I am if that makes any sense..
  • bhokanson2015
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    Do people even recognize you?? :o
    How much weight did you lose before people started thinking twice before calling your name or people didn't even recognize you anymore. What's been your experience after your amazing transformation?

I just traveled for work and saw a lot of people who I havent seen since May, and there were quite a few people who didn't recognize me until they heard me speak. Which was sort of a bizarre experience lol.

As far as my experience now vs when I first started this journey. I feel so much better, I sleep better. Prior to losing weight my doctor was going to send me for an expensive sleep study because I wasn't sleeping well, now I sleep like a log.

Two years ago, I used tobacco and was fat, during a dentist visit when they took my blood pressure it measured at 160/120, now mind you when I went to the doctor after that it didn't measure quite that high, but it was still really high. I just had a physical this month now and my blood pressure measured 103/60, no medication or anything.

And really the past 6 months has been an education, an education in what eating healthy looks like, what having self control feels like, and what feeling good feels like. :)
  • Chabela53
    Chabela53 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wowzer! You look fabulous. I am always amazed at how DIFFERENT everyone looks at there goals, or all the changes along the way. Great job!
  • missmelissa919
    missmelissa919 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You look great
  • bhokanson2015
    Options
    An update on me: In the last two days I set both my 5k personal record and my 10k personal record..

My 5k is now 24:03 and my 10k is 53:12 looking to beat both of those again by the end of the month.. I look back on how I was now and my life is so much different now than I expected when I first started logging my food with myfitnesspal, so much better than I thought it would be.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • WindyCityGal160
    WindyCityGal160 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Your progress is amazing!! My husband has gone through a similar lifestyle change and is enjoying being in shape, stronger and healthier too. Good for you! Very inspirational!
  • hoorayselma
    hoorayselma Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • lpatriquin
    lpatriquin Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing job... You are an inspiration. :)
  • Ruthhormachea
    Ruthhormachea Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Your hard work really is paying off!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Just amazing.. you look like a different person..so very fit. You look like you're at goal to me! Very inspirational..thanks for sharing.
  • ajm262
    ajm262 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing transformation. You should be so proud of yourself! So glad that you feel better about yourself and are healthier. That's what I'm going for. It's not so much the number of pounds lost but feeling better about myself and getting healthier. Any tips for the rest of us?
  • bhokanson2015
    Options
    ajm262 wrote: »
    Wow! Amazing transformation. You should be so proud of yourself! So glad that you feel better about yourself and are healthier. That's what I'm going for. It's not so much the number of pounds lost but feeling better about myself and getting healthier. Any tips for the rest of us?

Make friends on here, on other apps (I use strava for tracking my runs) and in person with people who inspire you.

Weigh loss isn't a success only journey. There are days when you inexplicably weigh more than you think you should, and there are days when you just go over goal, and there are days when you don't feel like exercising, or giving 100% if you do exercise. And it's having those friends that have made the difference for me.

Those friends will help hold you accountable, and they will celebrate your successes with you. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!