8 wks post 5th c-section, 37, Nebraska, 80lbs 2 lose. Need buddy or 2 for daily accountabilit

Options
Hi all! I've been struggling since baby was born 8 weeks ago to get back on the band wagon. I've lost much weight with MFP before. Due to a pregnancy loss, infertility treatments, 7 months of bed rest and pregnancy complications and then a four week NICU stay for my baby girl, I have 80 lbs to go. I'm really hoping to find someone who either has lots to lose, is a new mom, and potentially wants to correspond several times a week and actually get to know each other and help each other stay consistent. Please add me as a friend and send me a message if you are interested in this too!

Replies

• mpedd
    mpedd Posts: 1 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi ! I'm a mom of two boys currently trying to lose 20
  • georgesgeri83
    georgesgeri83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in an accountability friendship with you. This is my first time using MFP, today was my 11th day. I have at least as much weight to lose as you and need all the encouragement I can get. I'm not a new mom, but I am a mom, had 1 c-section. Never had to experience NICU, but I can empathize. I can't imagine watching my baby suffer. I am a grammy and love that. My youngest is 9 months. I want to be able to watch them grow up. Need to be healthy and active!
  • charlottejaii
    charlottejaii Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a c section on July 20th to a beautiful baby boy! But boy oh boy am I having a hard time losing the weight. I'd like to lose 60-80 lbs by next summer !!! I'm right there with ya!
  • aspen1377
    aspen1377 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in an accountability friendship with you. This is my first time using MFP, today was my 11th day. I have at least as much weight to lose as you and need all the encouragement I can get. I'm not a new mom, but I am a mom, had 1 c-section. Never had to experience NICU, but I can empathize. I can't imagine watching my baby suffer. I am a grammy and love that. My youngest is 9 months. I want to be able to watch them grow up. Need to be healthy and active!

I can't wait until I'm on day 11! I've read through tons of posts today, and really had a heart to heart talk with myself today. I feel good about things and am hoping I've turned a corner!
  • aspen1377
    Options
    I had a c section on July 20th to a beautiful baby boy! But boy oh boy am I having a hard time losing the weight. I'd like to lose 60-80 lbs by next summer !!! I'm right there with ya!

I'm sorry you have as much to lose as I do...but selfishly I'm glad that I'm not the only one! Congrats on your baby boy...I have four sons and a baby girl...so much fun!!
  • sbrmom
    sbrmom Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hope your little girl is doing well! I had 2 c-sections, but my kids are older- college and high school. I don't think I have ever been back to pre-kids weight! I have 25-30 to lose. I can use some motivation friends, too!
    -Melissa
  • boogiewookie
    boogiewookie Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :-) ive had 2 csections, one 8 years ago and one 15 months ago. ive been working on losing the weight from my last pregnancy and just found out I'm due again in june. I'm determined to resist the cravings and avoid the 50-80lbs weight gain again lol.
  • aspen1377
    Options
    feel free to add me :-) ive had 2 csections, one 8 years ago and one 15 months ago. ive been working on losing the weight from my last pregnancy and just found out I'm due again in june. I'm determined to resist the cravings and avoid the 50-80lbs weight gain again lol.

Congrats on the new baby! My youngest boy is 8 also!